Wednesday, October 15, 2003

There are these commercials here for this group that annoy the hell out of me. They get all these petitions signed and then go to MTV in New York all excited and go "Hi, we're from Ohio, we have 8000 petition from kids in Ohio telling you to stop smoking on TV" blah blah blah. Yeah. 'Cause MTV listens to 8000 kids from Ohio. That's not the only problem I have with it. So, how often is there really smoking on MTV? I don't really think it's in the video's all THAT much. If you want to keep people from smoking in videos, okay, I get that, that's not too much to ask. But then there's The Real World and Road Rules and all that crap which are REALITY shows. I mean, they may very LOOSELY be reality shows, but still. You can't just get the people on them to stop smoking, that's not realistic, and you can't just NOT cast smokers, 'cause that's not fair.

Plus, I think the commercials are really annoying. They sound like these kids were bored and needed to do an extra credit project for school and went "Yeah, lets just do the smoking thing again. And we'll go after MTV, 'cause they're popular and stuff and it makes us look cool and rebelious.". And there's this really obnoxious kid going "We got our logo on TV and all these kids all across Ohio saw it!" Blah blah blah. You're fucking obnoxious, go smoke some weed and chill out.

And they're like "Oh, wow! We're outside MTV studios! Yipee!" Pfft. Yeah, the outside of MTV studios looks exactly like every other building in New York, but with more ugly billboards. It's not something to get THAT excited about.

And you can't just have a petition saying "Stop smoking". That's dumb and pointless and obnoxious and the argument could be made that you're trying to deprive someone of their right to smoke or something. Or whatever. It's just freakin' annoying.

So yes. I think maybe I'm just slightly annoyed at the fact that I'm still in OHIO. And these commercials just throw in my face how much I am greatly bothered by OHIO.

I avoid writing negative things about Ohio in here in case any of my OU friends or acquantinces should see it. Look, I've got no real problem with most of the people in Ohio. There's some very very cool people here. It's just NOT the place for me. I'm an east coast girl, I don't think I really like this landlocked thing.

And the thinking of New York as a magical magical land is really starting to get to me. It's not a magical magical land. I've heard people here talk about how they want to live in trendy apartments in New York with this here and this here and they probably think it's all like on Friends. Yeah. People, you want an apartment in New York? Do me a favor and step inside your closet. Yeah, THAT'S your apartment in New York. Minus the cockroaches. Have fun with that.

Somebody. Please. Get me near a goddamn Starbucks again. I'm begging you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here