Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Note: This gets kinda nostalgic....so just watch out, please....

I just got a random craving for some fritos. Somebody get me some fritos. Mmm....fritos.

Anyway, I should go to sleep. I was reading old posts. I miss random high school fun without drama. Alright. There was always drama. But usually it was just like outside drama that sort of ended up involving us somehow.

I read about a snow day and it made me miss it.

Life is changing. Unfortunetely I guess that means lots of other stuff has to change, too.

Change is good, I guess. For the most part. Eventually. Sometimes, I think, what seems bad is just something good that is taking a long time to happen.

My life has changed so much over the past year. Last October I was a senior in high school trying to figure out where I wanted to end up this year. I barely knew Linda, Philippe and I were just becoming good friends again, I had spoken to Mari all of three times, Mike was someone I'd hang out with at parties that neither of us wanted to be at, Miles intimidated the hell out of me half the time, and Matt Baer was just this name I heard a lot throughout the school but I had no idea who he was.

I think we started to come together at homecoming. Out of sheer luck or fate or chance or whatever you may call it, I ended up going with Matt who I had only known for two days. Philippe and Daisy were there, as well as Miles and Mari. I actually talked to Mari like we were old friends that night, I think probably because Mari, Daisy, and I all did the girl thing and went to the bathroom to check our hair together and for some reason it's a very bonding experience.

Then there was that snow day in December where Mike, Philippe, Mari, Matt and I ended up at Miles' house playing silent football and the Haha game. I have this picture of us all lying on each others stomachs. I really love that picture, it makes me smile 'cause we're all together and all laughing our asses off. After that, I think, we were pretty much a group. I don't know why, but it just worked. We were all either friends with each other or dating each other or having crushes on each other and it just worked out perfectly for us all to be together a bunch.

At some point Linda started going to lunch with us, and then hanging out with us after school, and then it was just unacceptable to go anywhere without calling her and begging her to go with us.

So then we had our ever-growing group of seniors and our unofficial senior, Mari. And I really loved it. No matter what happened, I had someone to turn to. No matter how many times I embarassed myself in front of Miles, he never threw it in my face and would often make me feel ten times better about by saying something plain and simple. Philippe counseled me through rough parts of my love life and is always there to be a sweet romantic about things. Mike is about ten times more insightful than anyone ever really gives him credit for, and he's always willing to give a hug or sing the Hannukah song for you when everyone else is singing Christmas carols. Mari and Linda ended up being like my sisters, we shared lots of secrets and things didn't seem so bad when I had my two slut buddies to go talk to. I've never really had a friendship with girls where I could be that open. Mari was there to keep me from making a total fool of myself in most social situations. Linda will talk to you anytime, anyplace, about nearly anything and the conversation is guarenteed to be interesting and enjoyable. And Matt...well, I can't say that Matt is the same to me as he is to everyone else. But he's always there for someone in need of advice or comfort, day or night, no matter how awkward or uncomfortable a situation might be.

And to round out our little group, towards the end of senior year we got Natalie, through Mike. Sorry to say, I never really got to know Natalie too well, with college and all. She's cool, though, and makes Mike happy, so I'm very glad to know her.

Anyway. I just miss having my little group around. I feel kind of lost around here sometimes because I don't always have that security of someone to turn to or someone to trust. We've all got our own lives going on now, and we're still staying friends. But I hope someday we can all have our tight-knit little group again, despite all the changes.

I really only started out meaning to write about my craving for fritos. I swear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here