Thursday, August 22, 2002

I was dreading the thought of doing nothing today, but then I ended up doing a lot of things. Which can only mean that it's good to have low expectations. Right?

Went to the mall with Kaity. That was a bit of an adventure. We thought we were going to end up in Canadia...um...Canada (haha, I love inside jokes, I get to laugh at all you people who don't understand them). We made it, even survived the S curves and we never accidently got on the highway, so I call it a success.

Someone remind me to go to Gadzooks the next time I go to Livingston mall. They have the best stuff there, but I didn't have enough money. I ended up getting this notebook and folder and pen at Sam Goodie with the Happy Bunny on it. Like this:



Except that they're all black and say "School prepares you for the real world...which also sucks". My parents saw them and thought I was turning into a crazy angst-ridden teen. :::evil grin:::

Almost ended up in Newark while taking Kaity home. Oops. Kind of missed her street and had to turn around and then missed it again and it was very funny. And all Kait's fault, I swear. (Ha, she's gonna beat me up)

Got home and was bored for awhile, then Josh called and I began the big battle with my parents about how long I could stay out. My mom started off with "Be home by 11," so I countered with, "Am I ever going to get to stay out later than that?". I followed that with asking to stay out till 12 which got me to 11:30. I should have gone for 12:30, but I doubt that would have done anything except piss her off. I added that Josh was leaving for college and I wouldn't see him for a long time and we never did anything bad or illegal (um...right...hehe) which got me "Well I don't want you out till all hours of the night. Let me know what you're doing and then I'll see if you can stay out late." Never figured out what we were doing, so the curfew stayed at 11:30. It was a small victory, at least.

When I left she said something like, "I'm not going to let you stay out late if you're just hanging out in the park,". So I promised her we wouldn't hang out in the park. Instead, we went and hung out in the reservation. (evil laughter goes here). Played with his laptop which is heavy enough to be an actual computer and could probably heat an entire room, talked on the phone with Emma, saw Priya, and went to 7-11.

He's leaving Saturday. This is unaccepatble. I think I'll have to lock him in the basement or something so he can't leave. Beware, Josh, beware.

Would write more, except there is a cat on my lap and it's hard to type and pet a cat at the same time. And I have the feeling that I talk too much anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here