Tuesday, August 20, 2002

I'm back. Hooray! I survived! Barely...

My family set a new record for pissing each other off on car trips. It only took 15 minutes this time. My mom was frustrated with my dad, my dad was frustrated with my mom for being frustrated at him and I was already starting a countdown in my head as to how much longer I'd be stuck with these two.

Saturday and Sunday was a lot of driving. Monday was an information session and tour of Ohio University. It was nice, although it was kind of far away (11 hours by car) and they kept saying things like, "Oh yeah, don't worry if it takes you 6 years to graduate...whatever". I decided I could probably apply to Ohio right now even with my shit grades from last year and still get in because of SAT's. After that, went back to the hotel and fell asleep for awhile (that's what happens when you stay up till 3:30 and wake up at 8). Nothing very interesting.

Got to my Aunt's house on Tuesday. I love her pets. The two dogs are getting old, but they're so sweet. Her yellow lab, Ruby, has a torn ligament or something in her back leg that didn't heal right and limps all over the house. But she's still perfectly happy and panting and wagging her tail all the time. The chocolate lab, Buster, thinks it's a puppy and climbs up onto the sofa with you and uses your lap for a pillow. He's huge and probably weighs more than me. And her cats are much nicer than my cat, who thinks people are chew toys.

Did I just spend an entire paragraph talking about pets? You can't blame me, there was nothing else to talk about. It was Indiana. And not even a big city or anything, it's a tiny little rural town with no movie theater and not even a place to rent movies. I'm not even sure they have a supermarket. Big moths kept attacking me while I was trying to sleep and one of the cats adopted my bed, which I didn't mind except that he'd get freaked out any time I moved and refused to help me get rid of the moths.

We all went to Indianapolis on Saturday to see a minor league ball game. ZZzzzzzZZZzzzz. It wasn't the Yankees and the only people with me were my parents and aunt and uncle, so I didn't really care about the game. I decided staring into the out field would be just as much fun as actually watching the game, if not more. Although the fat guy dancing to the YMCA during the 7th inning stretch was pretty funny. My mom was disgusted. "He kept....gesturing," was her response. I just told her he looked like he needed the workout anyway.

Sunday we left Indiana (about damn time) and went to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh's nice and has these gothic cathedral's all over. At least where I was they were all over. They were really nice but kind of scary at the same time. They have this place at the University of Pittsburgh that they call the Cathedral of Learning that kind of reminded me of the tower at CHS except ten times bigger and scarier.

We took a tour of U of Pitt. The tour guide was cool, although he reminded me a lot of Mr. Duncan. Except less southern and less...how do I put this delicately...gay. I tried the delicate thing. Didn't work. I liked the school a lot and it's not 11 hours away so I'll definitely apply there as soon as the first marking period is over and I have better grades to show them.

And today we got home to a ton of mail and my cat meowing her head off. Home sweet home.

Oh yeah...I watched way too much Disney Channel this week. The stuff on there's not even that good, but sooo addicting. I could actually feel my brain turning to mush. So much fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here