Saturday, August 10, 2002

Went out flying planes with Josh today (who else would I be hanging out with? :-P). And the other Josh. And the other Josh's brother. It was a lot less confusing then it sounds, really. It was a lot of fun, despite the weird Millburn kid who decided planes were the bestest things ever and wanted to shoot rockets at Josh's plane (or something like that).

There was a bug problem, though. I'm now discovering a lot of random bug bites on my arms and legs. And possibly on my eyebrow. WTF?

Got home and had an argument with my mom about curfews and how it makes no sense that I have the earliest curfew of anyone even though I'm the most reliable teenager they know. I always come home on time, and if I don't, I call first. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. I'm really very boring and I get teased by all the other kids (poor sad me). I don't understand why they don't trust me enough to let me stay out late. It's very fucked up, there will probably be a loooong discussion about this sometime during our trip.

I think the reason I don't want to go away tomorrow is because I'm afraid I'm going to miss out on stuff here. I hate missing out on stuff. I'm also afraid that I'm going to be really grumpy for the whole trip, which would really suck. I like seeing my Aunt and Uncle. And I should be excited about visiting colleges.

Blah, I hate being in a bad mood. And I really wanted this to be a happy upbeat post because it's all you're gettin' for the next ten days. All three of you who actually read this. Or more like two. And since one of you is going away, too, it's more like one. Hmm.

Okay, time to psych myself up for my trip. It won't be so bad. I like car trips, usually. Lots of time to read and listen to music and write and...uh....look at scenery? And I might get to drive for part of it, so that'll be cool. And the college visits will be good, maybe I'll see a college I actually like...or at least get my parents off my back about college visits for awhile. And visiting my Aunt and Uncle will be fun even if I am in a bad mood. Although I hope my uncle has calmed down a little since the last time I saw him. I saw him at a wedding in October and he wouldn't stop asking my dad about how many boys were knocking on the door for me (zero) and if my dad was going to beat all (none) of them up. Then he started asking me about my (non-existant) boyfriend. It was funny maybe once. He did it at least 15 times. And yet, he's still my favorite uncle.

And now I have to go because I think I have a bug bite on my lip. WTF?!? And now there are bugs in office with me!! Help me!! They're after me!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here