Monday, May 12, 2003

I gave my mom a picture frame for Mother's Day. I hate giving my mom presents because I always like to give people fun, cool things that fit their personality, or I know they'll get some use out of. Something that I'll have to put some thought into. My mom doesn't really like that stuff. She likes jewelry and clothes. Not that those things can't be cool and fun and need thought put into them, but it's not that way with my mom. It's like this:

"Robin, I like that necklace on QVC...wanna get it for me for Mother's Day? Okay, give me the money for it and I'll order it."

Anyway, I got my mom a picture frame and a little matching box for Mother's Day and she automatically put a picture of me in the frame. I find that to be a hypocracy for some reason. Like for some reason I'm getting something out of her present by it bringing more attention to me with a picture. But at the same time, I also gave my grandmother a picture frame with a picture of myself and my cousin in it. But somehow that's different, because I know she'd really want a picture of us.

Since when did Mother's Day get so complicated?

Gah, I give up, it's time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here