Saturday, December 21, 2002

I would have updated yesterday but I didn't get home till past midnight, so anything I tried to type came out like "Adn het ubnny nar aywa." But I'm awake now, so here we go:

School yesterday was a COMPLETE waste of time. Mr. May didn't show up first period (I WISH he would tell us when he's gonna do that so I can sleep in). Chorus was fun because apparently Imhoff can play electric guitar (and well) and played Christmas-y type music. Then Mike got up and played and sang The Hannukah Song for all us Jewish kids (note: if you want to shock Imhoff, sing a song with "funky bad ass" and "marijuanica" in it), followed by various impressions of teachers and graduates and Ben Jacoby who looked like he was about to cry any minute when he found out that Mike had an impression of him. Poor Ben.

Study: Boring. Ms. Y'ikona pisses me off. She makes you wait ten minutes after the bell rang before letting you go to the bathroom or get a drink of water because she's insane. And she won't let more than one person go to the bathroom at a time. When I asked her she was like "I just let that girl go!" and looked at me like I was insane for daring to ask or for not noticing every single person who walks in and out of the room. Grr.

Bio: Played Bio hang man and wrote on the board a lot. And Stephane got into NYU! Yay Stephane!

Lunch: We fit the usual (and very illegal) 6 people into Philippe's car. I'm used to being squished by now, but this time it was pouring rain and we were all soaked. And then Philippe parked in the handicap spot since there was no parking anywhere and they had shortened the day by ten minutes as a surprise, so we had less time than usual. Honestly, the shortening of the day was more of a nuisance than a present, lunch got shortened and the schedule got all screwed up and no one was doing anything anyway so the ten minutes didn't make much of a difference. But whatever. We ate and were going to leave and here is the part that Philippe left out of his blog but he's not getting away with it because I'm about to tell all:

PHILIPPE TRIED TO KILL ME!!! I was getting in the car to drive back to school and I had one leg in, but couldn't get the rest of me in because everyone else hadn't squished together enough. So I was telling them to move in some, and suddenly the car starts moving and taking my leg with it! We all started screaming and finally Philippe stops the car and looks back shocked and I start screaming "WHAT THE HELL?! YOU SON OF A BITCH I WASN'T IN THE CAR YET!!!" (okay, I feel bad about screaming at him, but COME ON!! You would have done the same if someone tried to drive away with your leg). Philippe starts apologizing profusely (and yes I forgive you, Philippe, calm down, I'm writing about this 'cause it's funny) and I finally get in the car and we all make fun of him for not only breaking a million driving laws but for also attempting murder.

Psych: Stupid. She wasn't there again. I hope she's okay, but I didn't mind not having any actual psych classes this week.

Gym: Played doubles ping pong with Megan and Ewelina and Gabbie since both Rebecca and Matt were at the Calculus party. We played for about five minutes before Megan and I decided we didn't want to play ping pong at all and Eweling and Gabbie wanted to play each other anyway. Sat around and talked to Megan about thrift stores and how I wish I wasn't so lazy in the morning otherwise I'd wear something other than boring clothes. I do have a fashion sense, I swear, it's just not awake at 7 in the morning when I have to get ready for school.

Math: Did some stupid problem about adding a whole bunch of numbers or something. Then the teacher who's name I can't remember who teaches Calc came in on a sled dressed as Santa. That was the most amusing thing of the whole day.

School ended (YES!) and it was officially vacation. I drove home and then was picked up by Matt and his brother, we dropped off Matt's brother and drove off to Essex Green to see Lord of the Rings at 4. Except when we tried to buy tickets we were informed that there was no 4 o'clock show. Oops. So we bought tickets for 6:45 and went to kill time. Drove around, went back to Matt's where we were told to save seats for his family (they also went to the 6:45 show) and then drove around some more ('cause there's just so much to do around here when you're trying to kill time) and went back to Essex Green for the movie. The movie was really good, despite being three hours long and making my knees hurt like crazy (movie theaters weren't built for people with long legs and knee problems). Gollum was really great (AND DOES NOT LOOK LIKE ME PHILIPPE SO SHUT UP) and so was everyone else, except that Elijah Wood who I kept wanting to call Noah Wyle for some reason pissed me off. All he did was "Ah I'm gonna faint! Ah I'm gonna be evil!". Blah. The Ent's were cool as hell.

After the movie we saw Stephane and Suzanne and Claire and went to Panera and then we were left with nothing to do again but drive around looking for tacky Christmas decorations.

It was all a lot of fun though. And now I'm on vacation!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here