Tuesday, September 10, 2002

It's official. I have a cold. All because of the disgusting germ pool that is our school. I ended up falling asleep watching TV in my parents room last night at around 10 and was sent to my own bed at 10:30 by my mother. I got about 9 hours of sleep and I still spent all day feeling like I could really use a nap.

My favorite classes are now Bio and English, but they both have a lot of work. I have to get 6 editorials a week from different newspapers and magazines for English, which wouldn't be such a big deal except that I have to use actual newspapers and magazines and can't just go online all the time. That would just make life too easy. And they have to be specific papers, most of which I don't get. I only have to do it for three weeks, so it shouldn't be too horrible.

Chorus rehearsal after school for the 9/11 thing tomorrow. Daisy and I were the only sopranos for awhile and we both are having throat problems. Imhoff kept telling us how we sounded like we had health problems, except he kept looking directly at me and saying how we sounded like we were struggling and in pain, which made me paranoid as usual going, "Oh, he's figured out that I actually can't sing and that I'm horrible and was only put in this class because Mr. Duncan felt bad for me and because I have seniority." I never got to ask Mr. Duncan about that, actually. I was going to ask him if I had gotten that spot because I really deserved it or if he had switched some people around or something. I wasn't planning on being all noble and saying "You switched people so I could be in here? Well if that's how things work, I'm not taking this class! It's not fair to other people!" Hell no, I really wanted to be in that class and if Mr. Duncan thought it would be a better choir if I were in there then I'd trust his judgement. I just wanted to know for my own peace of mind. I know I shouldn't think this way, but I still feel like I'm not good enough to be in there, like it was some kind of fluke.

Stupid low self esteem.

Tomorrow is September 11th. I just wrote "Tomorrow is September 11th and I'm trying not to think about it.", but then I ended up writing this really long thing about what I remember from that day. I don't feel like posting it now, but I'm saving it in case I do later. It feels a little better to write it down. But only a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here