Friday, September 06, 2002

First day of school and I actually enjoyed it!

Got out of the car and immediately found Kaity which was good 'cause I really didn't like the idea of just walking into school by myself. I was a little bit scared out of my mind.

At first glance I thought that Mrs. Pollack was Dr. Robbins, or a Dr. Robbins wannabe. Thank goodness she's not. She seems very nice and friendly and encouraging, even if she hasn't yet mastered the correct way to use a microphone.

I think I'll like Chamber Choir, although I think I would have liked it more if Mr. Duncan were still here only because he adds so much energy. Dr. Imhoff seems like a very nice guy. Now that I think about it, he kind of reminds me of Mr. Campbell a little because he's quiet but can still make you listen. The seniors from Chamber Choir are singing some short Latin song for the September 11th assembly/video/whatever it is. When he asked to see the seniors it was kind of shocking because for the first time I realized that he was talking about me and not some older kids who just seem to always be there.

Math is scary. Ms. Ayres is scary. That's all I have to say about that.

Bio is awesome. My class is pretty small, Mrs. Hershey's one of the nicest people in the world and I always like having teachers that I've known for years but was never taught by before.

There are soooo many people I know in lunch, it's insane. It's fun, too, people kept coming and going from our table. The conversation kept straying back to college, unfortunetely, but hopefully that won't happen everyday. I don't want to spend the entire year completely college crazed.

I had an allergy attack in psych. That's the most interesting thing I can think to say about it.

I hope I can take self defense in gym, I've been waiting for that course option since I was a freshman. Seeing the freshman in the gym was so strange because they're all so small and I can remember exactly what it was like to be in their place. There was one girl standing in line who I could have sworn was me three years ago but better dressed. She kept playing with her bracelets and biting her nails (two of my nervous habits) and obviously trying her best to not act scared.

English was very interesting. I was put in the wrong English class. I signed up for Lit Inquiry but was put in Lit Soc Crit. I told Mrs. Petrallia this when I walked in, but she told me to stay and if I have to leave in a few days then fine. So I sat and filled out the little cards and listened to what the class was about and realized that I would LOVE this class and didn't want to be switched out. So after school I ran to Mrs. Tenenbaum and hoped she wouldn't kill me for asking her to switch me back. She said something quickly about how I really was supposed to be in that class because of my level placement or something crazy like that. I don't know what she was talking about. But if it means staying in that class, I'm happy.

Finally got home, got food, fell asleep because I only had 4 hours sleep last night, woke up and went to see Miss Saigon at Papermill with Daisy. Miss Saigon was great, although there was a big "Moulin Rouge" sign when they were supposed to be in China which I thought was cheesy as hell, but the rest was good.

And now I'm really hungry and tired and still have Bio reading to do and am too lazy to think of a proper ending to this, so goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here