Tuesday, September 03, 2002

I'm still getting letters from colleges saying "I'm glad you've show interest in....". I hate those letters. I miss those letters that we got right after the PSAT's that said, "Hey, good test scores, come to our college!" They made me feel so loved.

Work wasn't bad. No heavy lifting for once. Yay. The hearing assistance system was down, which means that the little headphones we give to people who are hard of hearing didn't work. People kept coming out and complaining. This tall skinny old man in a Hawaiin shirt came up to the stand during intermission and asked for a pair of headphones. When we told him the system was down he said, "The system is down? Well, that makes me frown," pause to think of something else that rhymed, "guess I'll just have to look around," another pause, "and smile." He seemed so pleased with himself, too. I couldn't stop laughing. We need more customers like that. We should have some kind of offer where if you make up a stupid rhyme and amuse the concessions workers we'll give you a free soda. It makes work so much more interesting.

Last day of freedom tomorrow which I'll probably spend sitting around at home. Ah, summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here