Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Childhood

Amazon keeps suggesting all these really good kids books that I loved when I was younger.

Except I have to keep clicking "Not interested" instead of "I have this and I love it!" because I really don't want them to keep recommending kids books to me.

But I feel a little bad. I love you old awesome kids books. I really do. I just don't really want to keep being recommended kids books I've already read instead of grown up books I haven't.

*Included in the list would be:

My Father's Dragon series
The Cricket in Times Square books
The Boxcar Children books
Little House on the Prairie books
Mrs. Piggle Wiggle books
In the Night Kitchen
A Wrinkle in Time
Ramona books
etc.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...Little House on the Prairie, nice.

I really like Nick Hornby's books. Give High Fidelity a read if you haven't done so already. Good stuff.

I hear David Sedaris is great. One of these days I'll get around to one of his books.

Tue Jul 12, 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger David said...

I like Sedaris' style, and I like how he reads his work too. Very enjoyable author.

DON'T let capitalist pigs Amazon hijack your love for these books. If you love them, then your love for them is in your heart, not in your helping Amazon advertise.

Wed Jul 13, 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

why have i only heard of three of those books/series and only read one of those three? what went wrong with my childhood..

Wed Jul 13, 06:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mrs. pigglewiggle!!! those were the best.. all those book bring memories.. me reading them as a little kid...and me working at the maplewood library :P oh well
Rebecca

Wed Jul 13, 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gomez said...

i have 2 david sedaris books. i heart him.

Thu Jul 14, 12:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here