Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Get the FUCK off my lawn!!!

Oh people are just assholes. My neighbor is having some kind of work done on his house starting today it seems. I kinda wonder if he's planning on moving 'cause he's been doing a lot of work on his house lately, but it could just be him doing it since he used to do a lot of work on his house all the time.

Anyway, I come back this morning from dropping my dad at the train to find these two huge metal beam kinda things lying flat in our driveway, one going straight down the driveway and one crossing over it nearly into our backyard. I can't even get into the damn driveway unless I plan on running this shit over. So I roll my window down and just start going off on them to get their crap out of our driveway. I'm really proud of myself at the fact that I didn't swear once. I think. But anyway, they send this little guy over and he pulls the beam that's lying straight out onto our neighbors yard so I can pull in the driveway. And then just stands there, leaving the other one sitting across our driveway! So I just start screaming "Yeah, you better move the other one two, this isn't his property, that can't stay here!" and he looks at me like "What? You're kidding, right?" WTF PEOPLE?!?

So by now a couple more of the guys working on the house start coming over to the driveway seeing as I'm still screaming my head off at this little guy and he's moving the other beam and I start yelling at all of them "You can't put stuff here! This is not his driveway! This is our driveway!!!" And so they kinda nod at me, looking really dazed. I'm sure they assumed no one was going to be back in the driveway for the rest of the day so they could just put their shit there without asking us (and if they had asked we most likely would have said okay as long as we can get in and out easily). And then they get some tiny little girl in pajamas (and by pajamas I mean an oversized grey tee shirt and some little grey shorts so it's possible I looked like I wasn't wearing pants) screaming her head off at them. Ha. Don't put your shit in my driveway. Damnit.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done. I probably would have been all nice about it at 1st, but they probably wouldn't have acted quickly. I think your approach got instant results.

I wonder if your neighbor knew that the workers were putting the stuff there.?. If so, he's a schmuck.

Wed Jul 06, 02:54:00 PM  
Blogger David said...

Don't hate, they're doing a crappy job already... This stuff happens when you live near other people. my neighbors' kids and pets get in my driveway all the time but that doesn't mean I run 'em over. Sometimes I even have to honk at this one cat.

I dun really know what a VCD is... video CD (probably an .avi formatting?). I don't know what player restrictions they have as compared to DVDs. VCD is cheaper.

They will almost certainly play on standard computers... check your other players though cuz they might accept as well.

VCD is a pretty standard format in Asia...or anyway lots of Asian stuff comes on VCD in my experience. I don't know why.

Wed Jul 06, 05:00:00 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gomez said...

ha... "little guy."

Fri Jul 08, 05:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here