Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It's okay, you can look...

Today I went into my favorite clothing store that I can't afford ANYTHING in except maybe some random furniture accesories. I found a dress I had seen there months ago. It was beautiful and would cost me a week and a half's pay (which is way more than I'd ever pay for a dress that wasn't for a prom or a wedding or something like that). I found my size, tried it on, and hoped it would look all funny and awkward on me so that I'd no longer want it. It didn't, it looked lovely and made me feel pretty. So I took two pictures of me wearing it with my camera phone, changed, gave the dress to the nice dressing room lady and left without the pretty dress. But at least I have the pictures. Kinda makes me feel better about it. I'd never have any reason to wear that dress anyway, so now I have my little camera phone pictures of me wearing it to make me smile when I think "Ooh, that was a pretty dress".

Before this I had gone to Starbucks to sit and read and drink a frappacino. Outside there was a black lab puppy (I <3 black labs) that all these women were taking their little toddlers to say hi to. This was possibly the first time, or one of the first times at least, that these kids had been around a dog. You might think they'd be scared, but it was amazing. This one little boy looked at the puppy a little warily at first, then gave this huge smile and his whole face lit up and he started waving his hand towards the dog to pet it. It made me feel very happy.

At the same time this was going on, though, there was this rather large kinda construction worky looking guy who'd fallen asleep on the couch in Starbucks. That was amusing enough, but the really funny thing was that the guy was SNORING. And not just light little snoring like a lot of people do. This was full out lawnmower snoring. It was hilarious. I had to get up and go outside eventually 'cause I just could not concentrate. I mean, it was funny, but I don't want to drink frappacinos and read with someone snoring...'cause it's kinda gross. I'm trying to enjoy frozen mint mocha goodness and there's this big snotty snore noise. Yuck. But it was still funny, I started giggling and hoping that people around me would notice, but either they didn't or didn't think it was so amusing 'cause no one else laughed or said anything. Boo, people. Sense of humor is good. Yes indeed.

When I went outside, some guy was walking by and was kinda yelling something at someone. I only heard the end, something like "...oh, I'm jealous". I have looked up just with my eyes for a second then changed my mind...the guy apparently saw this 'cause he turned to me while walking away and said, "It's okay, you can look." Weirdo. Eesh. What'd he think I was doing? Checking him out. No thanks, I'm good. He kinda looked like Bruce Willis but...sweaty. Or something.

Who Links Here