Monday, November 15, 2004

Ashlee Simpson Syndrome

I'm sick! Like actually sick! And for some reason this makes me feel good...okay, let me explain. I've been all "Ow, my tummy hurts" for at least a few days now and my mom has pretty much been like "You're a whiner, get over it," and stuff. Which is so not fun when you don't feel good and want your mommy to be nice to you. She wasn't mean, she just had that great Mom thing down where she would make faces at me and think up every excuse in the book why I wasn't actually sick.

So this morning I was getting a ride from her and on the way felt REALLY sick. So I told her I didn't think I could go to class and that I wanted to go home. So she was like, "Fine, but I think you could probably go" which I hate when people do that because they don't know how sick you actually feel. Well on the way home, I started to feel even more sick. Like "Pull over I'm gonna hurl all over your car and stick you with the cleaning bill" sick. Heh, graphic, no? Don't worry, I didn't actually do that, I just needed to not be in the moving car. So yeah, on the way home she was asking me all these questions like "Is anything wrong in school? Are you upset about Grandma? Is this because Mars is in retrograde? Etc. etc." thinking it's all in my head. Also pretty annoying. I stopped faking sick in high school....mostly. But yeah, annoying.

So to shut her up I decided to go to the doctor, since if I'm voluntarily going to the doctor I must feel pretty ucky. Plus I actually was feeling pretty ucky. So I went and guess what! I was right! I AM sick! In your face!...How sad is it that this makes me happy? Haha...well not happy, just now I feel justified. Apparently I have some lovely acid thingy and have to take medicine for a month and not eat spicey food or caffeine for awhile. Boo. No frappacinos for me. Not even caffeine tea. Oh well. I'm happy that it's something that is not too bad and can be fixed pretty easily. Hopefully, that is. I'm supposed to go back if it doesn't work in a week. But yeah. Kinda relieved. And actually my mom was kinda relieved to because she was secretely worried about me and hiding it by being slightly obnoxious. Which is obviously the best way to handle things. Now I need a nap. Bye bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here