Friday, October 31, 2003

Reasons why Halloween in Athens SUCKS.

Okay, so Halloween at OU is like...next to some really important holiday in terms of holiday importance...people talk about it ALL YEAR ROUND. They make T-shirts about it. People come from all over the state to celebrate here. It's such a big thing that they have to change the locks on the doors for Halloween and make us all wear little bracelet things all weekend to keep random drunken tourists from wandering into the dorms and attacking the random drunk students.

So tonight some people on my floor were all dressed up. This guy Matt as a devil, Ben as an angel, Suzy as some freaky badass slutty chick, and Mark as the guy from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. So I put my costume on (also an angel...it was pretty funny 'cause Matt and Suzy were matching and Ben and I were matching and we were all walking around with the guy who's totally wasted all the time) and went out with them to find fun things to do.

Well, we get into town and there is NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE else in costume. We were actually scoffed at by some people who said to us "What are you doing? No, you're supposed to dress up TOMORROW."

What the fuck, man?! No, you're supposed to dress up ON HALLOWEEN!!! Not November 1st! It's not even the same damn month! November is for turkeys and Thanksgiving goodness, not dressing up.

So I'm already disappointed in the lameness that is OU at Halloween. I mean, this is supposed to be the schools trademark. But in actuallity, Halloween is just like any other night of the year around here...drink until you pass out, throw up, end up in someone else's bed, or all of the above.

Alright, then there's the fact that I'm in an angel costume. If I may say, I make a kinda hot angel. The dress is kinda short and fits me well and the sleeves are long and flowy with fake fur around the arms and fake fur around the neck. Plus I have all this sparkly make up on and stuff. So I'm lookin' kinda hot. In the two or so hours that I was out, here are the comments I got:

"God save your soul"

"Can you take me to heaven with you?" - This guy and his buddies continued laughing for like 5 minutes as they walked away. That's just so sad. As I was walking away I thought of some good things to say back, but I was already too far away. Either "Take yourself." which is only okay..I could elaborate on it, but I won't here...or "Do you know why angels have wings? To fly away from dumbass's like you."

A couple of catcalls...

A whistle followed by a guy saying to his friends, "Yo, go talk to her! Go talk to her!!" Sucks for them I was halfway down the block by that point....

And a couple of guys yelling from the catwalk above me, "You're an angel!!! You're an angel!!!" - I think they were pretty drunk already since they couldn't figure anything else out.

I'm highly disappointed that no one used my FAVORITE line EVER.

"Did it hurt?" "Did what hurt? "When you fell from heaven, 'cause baby you're an angel!"

Highly disappointing. OU, I dub you lamest Halloween school EVER.

P.S. There is no escape. I write on my door "Robin doesn't feel well, please let her rest. Also, I don't know where Erin is. Happy Halloween!" but then at almost 2:30 in the morning get a call asking me if I know where the roommate is. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here