Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Work Rant

Let me start off by saying that work sucks my ass. I have no fun, cute little kids like I did last year. Instead I have obnoxious pre-teens and the Harry Potter kids who run around poking each other with "wands" (sticks with ribbon hot glued to them) and shouting "Wingardium Leviosa!" at each other. And the sad thing is that half the time I actually know what the spells they're doing mean.

Then there's my "Who's Line Is It?" class which is absolutely a dreadful topic for a class. They should just have it be improv and then it would be fun and maybe people would actually know what the class is about. For some reason I think we're supposed to do the games they do on the TV show. Except that unless you are a skilled improv-er whatever the word is and have had years of training, those games are boring and dumb. So yesterday the class got bored and frustrated and started yelling and everything. Plus there's this group of girls who are funny, but pick on people when they are bored or on kids who are...well..maybe..let's say "slightly off". So it's only day three and we already got a complaint from a mother saying the class was too rowdy or something. Lord. What were you expecting lady? It's a freakin' improv class, it's gonna get kinda noisy. You couldn't have maybe given it at least a week to let the kids settle in before you went bitching off. You probably signed your kid up for that class without even asking her if she wanted to be in it. That's part of what I hate about the program, there are all these classes which could be great, but a lot of the parents choose the classes for the kids which makes the kids miserable. I mean, if they kids had a choice do you REALLY think they'd be taking a class on public speaking? It's summer! Let the kid have some fun! Or how about sending your kid to math class for the summer? How horrible. Some kids might like it, but most of them would rather be running around outside or learning magic tricks or making clay pots or something.

So anyway, before I went on that long rant...the Who's Line Class...so Mr. Cohen pulled me out of Wizard camp to tell me about the complaint...which half pissed me off and half made me scared that he'd found out I spent all of class yesterday reading (there wasn't much else to do, I didn't want to but in on the teacher's lessons or whatever...plus I was lazy). Then when I got to the class the teacher started telling me about it, so I said I knew some games and then went to my old stand by of teaching them bus stop, which they seemed to enjoy and sat quietly (for the most part) through. I was just waiting for Liz to walk in and try and bust us not controlling the kids and then I'd give her a nice "Haha, in your face!" smile, but she never did. Damn. She only catches me doing bad stuff. Booo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here