Wednesday, July 23, 2003

I just talked to my friend Alicia for the first time in what feels like a century. The last time I talked to her was, I think, in 9th grade. Oh how far we've come. It was great, we talked for maybe an hour and it was like we had never lost touch. No awkwardness or strange silence or sad sob stories or anything. Alicia has always been the kind of person to say what everyone else is probably thinking. For example:

Alicia: So where are you going to school?
Robin: Ohio University
Alicia: What, to study pigs?!

We hung up because she had to go do something with her mom, but I'm insanely excited and wish we could have talked for longer. Alicia and I were best friends for the longest time and I'm glad that even though it's been awhile we still can talk like nothing's changed. It's funny, but when we first met in third grade we couldn't stand each other. I would always make fun of the weird trail mix stuff she brought in her lunch and she would call me a nerd. Then we ended up in ISG together and became friends because...well...there weren't too many girls in ISG at the time so we didn't have too many options. It was only 8 kids in the program to begin with. Alicia and I could be furious with each other at lunch time and best friends by afternoon ISG. We also happened to be exact opposites. She was the loud rebellous one while I was the quiet and shy goody-two shoes. Alicia did and said all the things I wanted to but couldn't. She moved away after middle school and we lost touch and that really sucks, but I'm so glad to be talking to her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here