Saturday, February 15, 2003

Mmm, yes, this was a very very good day.

I got to wake up a little later than usual since I didn't have to drive my dad to the train. I haven't had to all week. He either hasn't gone to work, went so early that my mom just took him, or he stayed over at my grandparents house. I like waking up later. And I actually get to school more close to on time than usual.

Anyway, orchestra was orchestra. Mr. May actually called me out as one of the people who could play, which was weird and it was possibly 'cause he just saw me sitting there and needed another person to use as an example. Whatever, it was kinda cool.

Chorus!! We had a party in chorus today. Some people were playing DDR while some people were actually dancing and some people were just hanging around. I refused to play DDR since I don't believe in making THAT much of an ass out of myself in public. Instead I watched people dancing, and that was kinda cool. I wish I could dance.

Ooh! And I got two carnations during chorus! These people came around and delivered them and Matt had sent me some. Turns out he also sent me a candygram, but since Imhoff thought the bell should have rung, he let us out before the candygram people could show up. Mitchell found me later in the day and gave me my candygram, and I gave Matt more hugs than I already had for the flowers.

Boring classes, boring classes.

Oh yes, I was walking down the hall with Matt before Sociology, and on the way to the classroom, Mr. Rodriguez saw us, looked at me, looked at Matt, pointed indistinctly at us, then said to Matt, "Your girlfriend's a slacker." and then walked into the class. After he said that I heard someone (I don't know who) (no wait, I've just been told by Matt that it was Thomas Shippy. More points for him for the day.) say, "And her teacher's a jerk" and I laughed. Then we had a test in which I was one of the only people who actually finished the whole thing. And you know why? 'Cause I'm the "slacker" who took level 3 and then managed to actually be able to think over the questions without having to rush because I had less of them. So ha. I also wrote "Robin (NOT a slacker) L" as my name. Hehe.

The pep rally was pretty good. I didn't get to go to both, which was upsetting. Krystal can really sing, she's great, she never gets enough credit. Diamantes are the only reason worth going to school spirit type things, and AHH Thomas Shippy was in it and he was AWESOME. Go Shippy. Hehe, I still remember him from second grade when he used to blush a lot and his ears would turn red. Awww, Thomas. How he's grown.

Oh man, during the Star Spangled Banner when people were singing and getting out of tune and stuff, I was watching Kaity from across the gym 'cause she was making THE FUNNIEST FACES. She kept wincing in pain whenever they changed keys for no reason (which was like every other note sometimes). Kaity's so amusing.

After school it was time for Valentine's Day celebration! Hooray! The first year since elementary school that I haven't totally despised V-Day. Yes, it may be a Hallmark holiday, but I don't care 'cause it's fun and there's candy and flowers and you get to hug your boyfriend in public without people going "Ewwwwww, cooties". So for Valentine's Day, Matt and I decided to go to Olive Garden and see Chicago, which I know I have been dying to see for like a month. Matt really wanted to see it, too. So at about 5:30 Matt came over and we hung around for awhile and looked at this cute pop up book thing my mom gave me. It was like a pop up book for twelve year old girls with low self esteem. But I still like it, it's sweet. And it came with stickers, so that's cool. My dad got home and gave me a really cool card which has nothing to do with Valentine's Day, but I don't care, it's awesome. It's a cat hanging from a screen door but it's so much cooler than that and you'd have to see it to understand. Anyway.

Matt and I left for Olive Garden around 6:30 only to get there and find out there was an hour and a half wait. Oops. So we told them we'd be back around 10 or 10:30, and drove to the movie theater about an hour and a half before the movie started. So in the meantime, we exchanged gifts. Fun fun fun. Matt gave me a big red teddy bear (it's so squishy and soft AND it's red which is great 'cause I like red) with a hat on it. Except the hat is for me and he just put it on the bear 'cause it was cute. The hat is kind of an inside joke that most people probably know about. But I love the bear and the hat. I also got a very funny card and a nice card.

I gave Matt the DVD of Robin Williams Live On Broadway and a whole buncha gummy bears. Because he likes gummy bears. Not because his name is Baer. Because that would be a stupid pun. Having a name that also happens to be the name of an animal sucks sometimes. Just think if someone sang Rockin' Robin at you 25 million times a year. It sucks. Anyway, I also ended up giving him the Dispatch CD I got him as a back up present when I couldn't find the Robin Williams DVD because I would have given it to him anyway sooner or later.

Chicago is GREAT. Rene Zellwegger or however you spell it really can sing. Catherine Zeta-Jones is cool. She can sing, too. Richard Gere was really awesome, even if his voice is kinda funny. It's good funny, at least. And Queen Latifah is so great! And she didn't die in this movie! That makes me happy, I hate it when she dies, 'cause she's cool. I love the "Jailhouse Rock" song, as Matt called it. Cell Block Tango. GREAT song. And cool dances. And...it was just all so great!!! I will need to buy the DVD when it comes out. And I need to go get the soundtrack. And...yes, it was just so great.

And now I'm very very sleepy so I will stop writing before everything gets all incoherent and I can't even spell incoherent anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here