Friday, September 13, 2002

Looooooong day.

Woke up at around 6:30, got dressed and crawled back into bed. Woke up again at 7:15 so I could take my dad to the train at 7:30. This is all very annoying, but at least now I get a car and I get to school on time, which outweigh the annoyingness of getting up earlier than normal.

School was...school. Bio is still awesome, although now we have to do some chem stuff. Ick. Chorus was boring because all we do is sing religious songs and I have this really bad feeling that that's all we'll ever do. Almost fell asleep in psych. Health wasn't bad 'cause my class is really funny. Got The Grapes of Wrath in English. It's all torn up and taped together and the pages are falling out and you STILL have to pay $18 dollars if you lose it. What the hell?

Oh yes, I got my appeal to do extracurriculars granted. Yay!! Now I can try out for Parnassian and the musical and everything and not have to worry about it. Plus I got out of math for ten minutes to go down to Curcio's office so he could tell me, so that's good, too.

Got home, fell asleep again (stupid cold makes me tired all the time), got up, went to work, walked around with a giant box of candy and water bottles and now my neck hurts like hell. People at work just now found out that I'm Jewish. I then got the usual "But you don't look Jewish" and avoided yelling at them and saying "What? Because I don't have a big nose?" because I actually like the people at work. They told me they all thought I looked Irish. Huh? Anyway, got more annoying questions such as, "Is it true you can't say "bless you" when someone sneezes?" Where do people get these things? At least they weren't asking if I had horns. It's really sad because these are all really cool people and I hate that they actually believe stupid stereotypes and rumors like that. You wouldn't believe how many dumb questions I've gotten in my life. "Can you see Christmas movies?" Not only can I, but I love Christmas movies. When I was younger, "The Santa Clause" and "Miracle on 34th Street" were two of my favorite movies. I still like them. "Do you believe in God?" Yes, dumb question, moving on. "Do you wear the little beanie thing?" It's called a yarmulkah (yah-meh-ka) and no, because I'm reform which means I'm not that strict so I don't wear one all the time, and the women don't usually wear them anyway, or at least not all the time (which is kinda sexist by the way, and I did wear one at my Bat Mitzvah). And that's only the normal questions I've gotten....

Anyway, ending my rampage now.

Got home at 10, did homework till 11:30, and now I am here. And I'm about to go to sleep again. Yay for sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here