Monday, September 30, 2002

Hmm...right, we got transcripts today. And basically, I suck. I tried not to let it bother me. My GPA's all fucked up from last year. I had explanations for it. And I have (or will have) good recommendations. And good SAT scores. And a good essay (I hope, Mrs. Petrallia agreed to help me). And I tried to keep a positive attitude throughout the meeting. I did a pretty good job of not getting stressed out or upset.

Although I won't say it wasn't murder sitting and listening to people all around me talk about how dumb they are because they have a 3.6 GPA. Shut the fuck up, please. That's like when this girl I knew started crying because she got a B- in one class and A's in all the rest. She wouldn't shut up about how horrible the goddamn B- was and all I could say was, "Would you look at my report card? It's not all A's. Does this make me dumb? It's not a big deal, calm down." but it didn't really do much. So this morning I just sat there and smiled politely while they all said how stupid they were and how they'd never get into college and blah blah blah. I didn't show anyone my transcript. I didn't tell anyone my GPA. And I'm not going to, just to save me from pitying looks or obnoxious questions. Honestly, it's not even THAT bad. It's decent and it can go right back to good pretty soon.

How much will grades really matter ten years from now? Seriously. Who's gonna care if you got an A in US 2?

And if I want to get through this year with my sanity intact, I'll remember that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here