Sunday, September 29, 2002

My boss is this intensely weird person.

First of all, she winks a lot. For no reason. I walk past her and she winks at me. I put the milk away and she winks at me. I ask her the price of sugar-less (aka crap) candy and she winks at me. It's really kind of frightening. She winks at the ushers a lot, and the people selling raffle tickets. It's just eerie.

She sweats a lot, too. It's really gross. And she walks around barefoot which probably violates more health codes than I'd like to think about. She also tries to flirt with the only guy left working at the concessions stand which is sooo perverse because he's in his twenties and she can't be less than 55.

She's also extrodinarily nosy. Always wants to know everything that everyone is talking about and doing. At first I thought she was doing it because she cared about us and wanted to make sure we were okay and wanted to be some sort of parental figure (although it'd be more like a grandparental figure in her case...ha!). Then I thought maybe it made her feel young and cool to gossip with all the teens and college kids. Then I realized she just wants to know everyone's business all the time.

This afternoon the cast guy who always talks to me came over and said hello and chatted a little and it made me feel cool, 'cause hey, cast guy talking to me. After he leaves, my boss who is all the way across the lobby at the bar starts yelling to me, "He likes you. The little short one who always talks to you. You're his favorite." Um..okay. Whatever. I smile and nod (the universal reaction when you don't know what to say or can only think of a smart ass response) and go back to work.

Tonight at the second show I was pouring coffee for a customer. All of a sudden my boss comes over and pokes me in the back. After recovering from almost spilling coffee all over myself, I look over to my boss who is smirking and winking. "Robin, your friend is here," she says. Wink. More smirking. I give her a strange look and walk away to give the customer his coffee. The cast guy comes up and asks me for some soda. He tells me how the hot dogs we were selling outside are really good and asks me if I changed my hair (at least SOMEONE noticed). Then his friend comes up and tells him he's not supposed to be eating before the show and they go off and get ready for the show. My boss has been standing next to me, hiding behind a rack of ritz crackers and watching us the whole time the cast guy and I were talking. She smirks at me.

Me: What? That's so embarassing, it's not like I have a crush on him or anything. He's just a guy who talks to me.
Her: I didn't say you had a crush on him.
She smirks some more.
Her: But I think he has a crush on you.
I make it a point not to mention the fact that there has never been a straight male cast member of any show I've worked at EVER. And the fact that I think I saw him flirting with another male cast member earlier.
Me: He's like 27 or something. That's sick.
Her: No, I don't think so, I think he's very young.

Okay. Fine. But I'm still a minor. And that's still disgusting. And ugh, I hope she doesn't do that every time the cast guy talks to me. He's a nice guy and he tells me about theater stuff, I'd really like it if I didn't have to start avoiding him just so my boss won't wink at me so much.

And she really needs to do something about that winking thing. People are going to think she has a nervous tick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here