Friday, April 08, 2005

Where fashion sits....

I'm bored silly and there's (unfortunetely) no adult swim tonight, so now you get an update.

I wish I had more friends around and things to do. Besides my laundry. Which I did at 2 in the morning or thereabouts last night. Sexy, no? It was that or go commando in thrice-worn jeans. I don't think so.

Hehe, I said "thrice".

Today I had a pretty nice day, though. I put on my pretty new sweater with the shiney beads around the collar and my (fake) ballet shoes and went shoe shopping with my mom. Now that it's finally gotten warmer (for now, at least...lets hope it stays that way?) she decided she really needed some sandals. I totally know that feeling. Sometimes when I was in middle school and it was a nice day and I was walking home in my ratty old sneakers I'd desperately want to pull them off and get some air on my toes. But I've never been good at that whole barefoot in the park thing, I get way too worried about stepping on bees..which is how I got my one and only bee sting.

So off we went to DSW (shoe heaven!). My mom looked around for sandals while I wandered over to the clearance rack of hats, picked up a tweed looking bucket-type hat and immediately (wtf, did I just spell that right? Linda taught me how to spell it...FINALLY! haha) plopped it on my head out of habit (seriously, it's a thing I've done since I was a baby, anything that could be made into a hat of some sort wound up on top of my head...including a pink rhinosarous shaped sand bucket when I was a toddler...I found it years and years later in my attic and had the really strange impulse to put it on my head...although I guess it's a little less weird to have the urge to put a hat on your head than to put a bucket on your head...). Low and behold, it not only looked pretty good on me it matched my missmatch outfit PERFECTLY. And after many failed attempts to send pictures of it on my phone to Linda for an opinion, my mom got sick of my indecision, demanded I hand over the hat, and bought it for me. Hehe. My mom's amusing.

P.S. What good is a picture phone that won't send pictures? That was the perfect situation for a camera phone and the damn thing wouldn't work! Grar. Plus then I probably would have posted it here. And that would have saved you some of this rambling, perhaps? Hmm.....

After that my mom and I drove to Barnes and Noble just so we could get something to drink in the cafe there and sit without a bunch of crazy 8th graders all over the place. It was nice.

And now I'm sitting here, listening to Garden State soundtrack, and kind of having to pee. Laaaa dida...

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Next Friday if there's no adult swim you should just watch (the new) Battlestar Galactica...that is like totally the best TV show ever.

Mon Apr 11, 06:11:00 PM  
Blogger Joseph Gomez said...

hmmm... sad.

Wed Apr 13, 12:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here