Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy happy

We had to take my dad to the emergency room! He came upstairs after trying to assemble some shelves in the basement saying that he felt dizzy and had ringing in his ears and was a little queazy. It was kind of scary, I was afraid he'd had a heart attack for some reason. So after trying the urgent care center (which was closed...huh?) we ended up taking a trip to the emergency room. It actually wasn't so bad, I've never been to an ER before. There weren't many people there and only one woman came in who looked really sick (poor girl was clutching her tummy and looking very much in pain...she had a whole bunch of people with her, too, her boyfriend/fiance along with a bunch of women and some man. A couple of the women kept chattering in some language I didn't recognize, it was kinda weird.).

My dad got an EKG and blood work. He was hooked up to the EKG for awhile and my mom and I kept watching his monitor. Whenever he'd move around or laugh or anything the patterns would go all wacky. It scared me at first but after awhile we kept trying to figure out what would make the lines do silly things. We tried making him tell lies (he picked "I like cottage cheese"...hehe). Once when we were talking about his mother the lines started getting a little silly, ha. At one point he said "I feel like I can make the heart rate number go down by looking at the monitor..." which I thought made him sound like a stoner, but he actually did it! He was looking at the monitor and the numbers went down a whole lot, it was weird. He said it was probably something about bio-feedback or something.

Anyway, my dad is alright, thank goodness. He's got some kind of virus in his ear that made his ear drums inflamed and made him dizzy. They gave him some medicine to make him less dizzy and hopefully that will help. I'm just glad he's okay. :-)

After that we went to Olive Garden for my birthday and to celebrate my mom getting into some program she'd applied to for teaching. And then Josh called me at midnight to say happy birthday. :-D

And now off I go....I'm just glad my dad's okay. Phew.

Night. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Gomez said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday. Even if you spent it at the ER.

Tue Mar 29, 05:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here