Monday, December 20, 2004

What do we want....?

So I'm thinking of doing something that might make me unpopular/get made fun of a lot. I wrote about that random guy from out of town who's coming to CHS to sing Christmas songs. He wants to be the republican nominee for Governor. So yeah, I'm kind of thinking of standing across the street from the people doing the "illegal" concert with a sign that says "Stop exploiting our school for your political gain"...or something more amusing than that. But yeah.....people will totally make fun of me if I do that....which is making me kind of cringe....

See, when I was in 7th grade I held a silent protest at my after school program 'cause they wouldn't let us go outside, hehe. The stuff that bothered me at age 12, huh? So anyone, my friend and I basically just walked around the gym with a sign saying silent protest made from notebook paper. A bunch of kids even signed it. Except after that when I was on the way out one of the teachers stopped me to tell me why we couldn't go outside and blah blah blah..alright, that was embarassing, but whatever, she was a bitch anyway. But the next day EVERYONE was making fun of us. INCLUDING TEACHERS. IN FRONT OF THE OTHER KIDS. After that my mom got so mad she called up the head of the program, bitched her out, and pulled me out of after school. So I have bad experience on the protest front...we'll see...we'll see...

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Better yet, stand WITH the protestors but hold up a sarcastic sign like One Nation Under CHRIST. Or something more explicit like "I am against separation of church and state." Do it! Not like the police are gonna bother separating protestors and "counter protestors" at this "event."

You could probably even bring your own musical instrument/car blasting music and try to fuck them up. Blast Deustchland Uber Alles and see how they like that! Such mischievous fun...

Mon Dec 20, 07:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here