Thursday, December 16, 2004

I so need a job...

Man am I bored. Guh. Nooothing to do but sit and knit*. Hehe. Sit and knit. That rhymes.

....

No, I am not stoned.

Everyone's busy studying for finals like mad. So no one will talk to me 'cause they're all "Ooh ooh I'm smart and need to study ladida." Boo.

Also Symantec is so trying to rip me off. My AntiVirus stuff kept going "Renew me! Renew me! Renew me or I'll eat your computer! Well not really me specifically, but I'll let a virus in that will eat your computer..."

Yeah, seriously...it said that. Anyway, so I went to renew it and it goes "Oh, you need this key thingie to do this...call this number and get it..." So I call the number (which may I add was NOT an 800 number...not cool, Symantec)..which gave me another number to call (this time an 800 number, thankfully) which sent me to...I dunno...some guy in India. Or possibly an Indian guy in California. Still, he had an accent that was kinda hard to understand 'cause I was on a cell phone and hey, he was in India. Maybe. Anyway, the guy is all "What kind of antivirus do you have?" and such and makes me look up random things on my computer.

So I go "Okay, I have the 2003 version," to which he responds, "Okay, we don't support that anymore, you're going to have to buy the 2005 addition," to which I respond "WHAT?! That's such crap...I mean, that's just stupid!" I'm pretty sure he probably thinks I'm just some hot tempered jerk of a stupid girl who didn't know what version she had or where to look for that information and then got mad 'cause her software's out of date. But seriously. I haven't even had this computer for a year and a half, the software came with it, and already I have to buy new software? Yeah, that's a total rip-off. The new software is $50! I have no job, I barely have any money, and the money I do have usually goes towards feeding me or putting gas in my car. Or buying some people Christmas presents, which I still have to do, 'cause I can't think of anything to make for people other than cookies and Mari's already got the baking idea. So anyway, I'm rather mad at the AntiVirus community for making me buy new software already while the new software's practically still new. Booo, Symantec. Booooooooo!!!!!

But I think Josh might hook me up with some antivirus goodness without me having to spend silly amounts of money on something I'm just going to have to replace in a year anyway since the company'll stop supporting it for no good reason. Hooray for friends with awesome technology skills.

*I got some yarn and knitting needles as one of my "cheap silly no real reason for getting them other than my parents like giving presents every night of Hannukah" presents. That was a run-on sentence. Anyway, I'm knitting a scarf. Neat, huh? Like a little old lady...but not so old...whee!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YOU ARE SO COOL. I"M WATCHING YOUUUUUU

Fri Dec 17, 11:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DUde post man. YOu like died or something

Wed Feb 23, 11:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here