Thursday, December 09, 2004

..just like you and me...

I wanted to update yesterday but Blogger was being a little punk bastard and not working right.

So here's something....when I was really little my parents told me that I always should say thank you when someone gives me a gift right away and not to open it until I say thank you. And I still do it. Like, automatically. The same thing goes about my mother yelled at me once for running across the neighbors lawn and told me you're not ever supposed to walk across someone else's lawn. And to this day, I still don't, even if I know them and are friends with them and go to their house a lot. Weird, no? Amazing the things that stick with you. "Say thank you before unwrapping things" sure..."Always do your homework"....not so much.

Sleepy. My aunt's here. Whee! I <3 my aunt, she is way neat. P.S. I accidently wrote <4 at first.....kinda looks like a duck, no?

OH and GUESS WHAT I GOT FOR HANNUKAH!!! A FREAKIN' IPOD, BABY! How awesome is that? My parents and aunt and uncle got it for me (and apparently my crazy grandma as well, although she is not aware of that, according to my mother, which just means "Grandma didn't get you anything 'cause she doesn't even realize it's Hannukah"..poor Grandma). My mom had told me last week that I was getting a really good Hannukah present for helping with my grandma. I asked her if I was getting a puppy, but no. An iPod's pretty freakin' good, though (only running 2nd to a puppy :-P)! I mean..wow...I feel spoiled. And highly grateful. I kinda feel silly for getting any other presents at all (they're just little things like a keychain or magnets, that kinda stuff, but still...) 'cause..an iPod..geez. My mom told me they decided to get that for me after I spent a night at my grandmother's once a month or two ago because she kept calling the house at like 1 in the morning thinking it was an okay time to be calling people. When I got there she'd been up and all dressed (sort of, she apparently was having some confusion as to the difference between a slip and a skirt..or maybe she had just been in the process of getting undressed? I don't know) and acting like it was the middle of the day or something, so I went to her house at about 2 in the morning and got her to chill out and go to bed finally and stayed till morning. Anyway. Like I said, I feel spoiled, but really grateful. I don't have to carry around my huge thing of CD's anymore! And I have all my music in one place! So awesome! My parents are cool people (despite any statements to the contrary I have made in the past or may make in the future), and not just 'cause they give me pretty things.

So Happy Hannukah to all my Jewish and even non-Jewish friends. Enjoy this whole festival of lights dealie. It's pretty neat.

P.S. Random flashback to Mike singing the Hannukah song for me in chorus senior year. I <3 you, Mike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here