Sunday, June 20, 2004

Sappy Girl

So, we all know I have a weird affection for The West Wing. Here is an example of why, 'cause trust me, it ain't the political stuff. Anyway, there was this rerun on tonight that had something to do with a senator who had an autistic grandson and was trying to get more funding for research on autism. This kinda struck me for two reasons, 1. I miss my Grandpa a lot, which pretty much everyone knows, and 2. My cousin has problems with a disability that is somehow linked to autism. So anyway, I was watching and the President said something that made me feel happy and kinda sad at the same time. Here's what it was:

"Let me tell you something. Don't ever, ever underestimate the will of a
grandfather. We're mad men. We don't give a damn. We got here before you and they'll
be here after. We'll make enemies, we'll break laws, we'll break bones but you will
not mess with the grandchildren."


And now I'm done being silly and sappy.

I went to Mt. Fuji today! It was AWESOME!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

that's one of the only episodes i've ever seen!

...totally irrelevent, i know

Sun Jun 20, 07:34:00 PM  
Blogger David said...

I think your obsession with the West Wing is fueled mainly by TiVo, which allows you to watch and watch and watch the same scene ad libitum while you write down what is being said.

Mon Jun 21, 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Er, or I wasn't watching on TiVo at all, rather I just looked it up on Google where someone else had written it down and copied and pasted it. So ha! Don't you try'n diss me 'n mah TiVo!

Tue Jun 22, 12:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here