Wednesday, August 06, 2003

This day is not getting any better.

1. I fell asleep on my couch last night about five minutes before I was planning on going upstairs and changing into nice comfy sleeping clothes and get in my lovely bed. So instead I spent the night sleeping in uncomfortable jeans and a tee-shirt on my couch which makes me itchy. It's also just slightly embarassing to be sleeping on your couch while your parents are running around trying to get ready for the day. Even more embarassing if you didn't even bother to change into pajamas.

2. My laptop finally came. Or so I thought. What happened was they were supposed to pave my street today so we had to park the cars on the next street over in order to go places. So there were no cars in my driveway. Of course, they decided to pave the street tomorrow making this totally useless now, but the point is that because there were no cars in our driveway, the UPS guy thought we weren't home and was just gonna leave us one of those yellow sticky things saying he'd come back tomorrow. Fortunatly I saw the truck and he gave me three big Gateway packages. I signed for them and was left standing there thinking "How lucky it is I saw the truck, now I get my things today instead of tomorrow." So I open the first box to fine: Keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, surge protector, laptop case, blah blah blah. No laptop. I open the second box. Big awesome flat screen monitor. No laptop. The last box has a big photo of a printer on it. I open it anyway to see if for some reason they put the laptop in there. Big ass printer. No laptop.

They sent me all the components and extras but NO. FUCKING. COMPUTER.

And I warn you not to laugh at me because I WILL injure you.

I checked the order status online. I called Gateway so that I could have an actual person tell me what the fuck was going on. I was treated like a raving idiot so much so that I actually said to the guy, "Could you please stop speaking to me like I'm a moron? I'm pissed off enough already." He gave me the number for UPS.

The laptop's coming tomorrow. When they're supposed to pave my street. So that the UPS guy probably won't come.

Fuckers.

3. I went to the adult school to straighten out my paycheck and was told to call Mr. Cohen. After discussion with my mother she told me I should tell him I definitely worked 121 hours because that gives me all the correct hours but still leaves out the 20 minutes a day that he says I wasn't working. Despite the fact that for the first two weeks I was there at 8. In all actuality I should be getting 125 hours. Except that I said 121 and that I thought I had worked more, but I was positive of the 121. So he gave me 121. But I really should get 125. And I hung up the phone feeling more helpless and upset than I had before because I STILL got ripped off and now I really have no way of fixing it.

4. I had to take some medicine that's making my stomach hurt and I have to keep taking it despite that.

This day just keeps sucking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here