Monday, March 10, 2003

So here's my first not so extremely depressing long ass blog entry in quite awhile. And its about..what else..the musical!!!

I haven't really been detailing my rehearsals or anything, like a lot of other people have been. Mostly because I have nothing to say. The pit isn't really like this big close knit group or anything, there's clearly defined groups, mostly because of who plays what instrument. Not much talking goes on and there aren't really any inside jokes. So I really didn't have anything to say until now.

But...the musical was AWESOME.

Friday was our assembly and all day rehearsal. The assembly went really well. Both of them did, actually. Everyone loved House of Marcus Lycus 'cause of the skankarificness of it. Yes, I did just make up a word. But whatever. I don't remember much else, just that it went really well. We had our "all day rehearsal" which really wasn't much rehearsing at all. We played some, went out to lunch, came back, had some crappy cake, sat around, went home. I could have left much earlier, but I hung around to wait for Matt and to watch the cast rehearse some. I talked to Diane, which was fun. I barely ever get to talk to Diane. But she's gonna sit with me on the bus during the music trip and that will be very fun. Like I've said before, Diane and I have very similar brains. We say really random things and find the strangest things amusing.

But anyway.

After school on Friday I found Matt and ran into Christina. Matt, Christina, and I all got into Matt's car and went to Christina's house where we proceeded to eat our weight in lean pockets. Oh wait, that was just Matt (just kidding!!!). We sat around and talked for awhile and then Matt and I left and went to his house where we again sat around and talked for awhile. Fun was had by all.

Then it was time for the play! The first night, in my opinion, was the best of all three. There was a ton of energy, the audience was amazing, and everything went really well. There was just the little mishap of Ben's coin bag, but all good shows need a mishap for you to realize how truly wonderful the people on stage are. If everything goes according to plan, it's boring. It's like everyone's just going on automatic. It's like watching a movie. Boooring. So I think it was good that the coin bag thing happened, and Mike got to show off his amazing adlib skills.

By the way, to all the males of the production: Everyone knows what your little ritual is by now. Don't think you've really managed to keep it a huge secret all these years. However, there may be a few people who don't know, so I won't actually say what the ritual is. But be warned....I know what you do.

After the show we all went to the diner, which was great. I don't think I've ever had so much fun there. I sat at one end of the table with the people who I really feel the most comfortable around and have the most fun with: Matt, Philippe, Mike, Miles, Mari, Linda, and Stephane. We talked and ate and laughed and no one spilled any milkshakes for once (I think) and I actually got to stay out past midnight for once! Yes!

I went home and fell asleep soon after. I slept till about one on Saturday. Wow that was a lot of fun. Haven't done that in awhile. After which I found out some stuff and had a fight with my mom and blah blah blah drama drama drama I'm sick of all this drama. Anyway. The show on Saturday night was also great. I always get chills at the end of comedy tonight, mostly because the audience loves it sooo much and the cast sounds SOO amazing. I mean, they're harmonizing and are really belting it out and it's so very cool. Same thing happens at the end when everyone's singing "Free! Free!" about two hundred times.

Instead of the diner, everyone went to TGIF this time. Christina and Dan came this time and Matt couldn't go to TGIF do to extenuating circumstances and that was very upsetting. I ended up sitting at a different table with Christina and Dan which was okay and it was great talking to them, although it probably would have been fun sitting with the cast, too. I did go to visit their table before we left however and this was decided:

If I were a guy I would want Miles' voice...this was decided earlier with Diane, though I didn't tell Miles this until we were at TGIF.
I would want Mike's hair, despite the fact that he calls me a demon..wait, I like my hair actually. But still, his is fun.
I would want Mari's asian-ness.
I would want Philippe's pimping abilities.

And then I went home.

And finally, today, the final show. Everything went well, though the audience was kinda icky. They didn't laugh nearly as much. But Molly was there and did her best to make up for it, hehe. Everyone could hear her laughing backstage. I really wish I could see the show. I don't get to see much from the pit and when I do it's usually just the little scenes in between songs. I want to see the songs! After the show was the little pot luck dinner and I ate quite a bit of pasta and it was nice, except it made me kinda sad 'cause it was my last high school show and I was stuck in the pit. I don't want to insult anyone in pit, 'cause it's really a good experience, but truth be told I'd definitely rather be in the cast. That's just 'cause of who I am. And I was especially sad about not being in this cast because a lot of my really good friends were in it, most of them leads, and they had lots and lots of fun together and I can't help but feel left out.

But the show was great and it was a fun experience, despite not being able to be in the cast. Now I must worry about FNL auditions on Tuesday. Ahhh, I'm scared. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing, and not only that but two of my friends are directors. Baaah, I fear it. I really want to do it. And I think I'd do well. And I don't want to miss out on any more shows. And ahh I'm scared and probably shouldn't be writing about this on here 'cause at least one of said directors reads this...ahhh!!! Oh well.

We'll see.

I should probably go to sleep soon. As in now. Eh, whatever.

Cast, crew, and pit, you guys are amazing. Great job.

Mike is the best Pseudolus around. It's so cool to think back to last year when he had that little two line part and now he's the star. Yay for Mike! Finally getting his time to shine.
Miles as Miles...hehe, I'm sorry, it's still kinda funny. I couldn't really see it when we began, but now I can't think of anyone else playing the role. Great job, I think you're a shoe-in for a rising star award.
Philippe!!! Okay, so I wanted you to be Hysterium, but dude...YOU JUST PLAY SLEAZY GUYS SOOO WELL!!! Which is really funny 'cause it's so far from your personality, as you're one of the sweetest, nicest guys I know. Great job.
Mari is my favorite courtesan because she got that god-awful wig (I'm sorry, it really was god-awful) that looked like rats nest from up close and SHE MADE IT WORK! Hooray! And she put up with a certain pit directors obnoxious vamping. And she can dance. Hooray!
Diane is a great soldier and she had lines! Finally! And she got smacked around and she was just COOL!! It says words!!!! Oh man, the inside jokes we missed out on by me not being in the musical. I mean there was an axe! We made corny jokes out of the stupid little flags last year and now there were axes! Very nice job, Diane...

...um...am I missing anyone? If I am, tell me and I will write nice things about you.

Oh yeah. Clay. Best. Erronius. EVER. "SECOND TIME AROUND!!!!" I would write more, but I'm getting sleepy and it's not like he reads this anyway...or does he?

Right. So. That's all for now I think. I have to go dry my hair. And make sure my boyfriend doesn't completely lose his mind. So farewell lovely readers. And not as lovely readers. And really nasty readers.

Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here