Friday, February 28, 2003

"Excuse me, I have to ask you something that doesn't have to do with the F word" - my grandma

And don't think I made that up. 'Cause I didn't.

My family was sitting around at my aunt's house and for some reason acronyms (is that the right word?) for cursing came up. I told the story from chem last year where Mr. Panek said so someone "SOL" or something liks that and when asked what that meant he said "Sorry, out of luck" (and as I was telling the story my aunt burst out with "Ha, that's not what it really stands for"). Caitlin Long then said "Or you could say TS which stands for Tough.....cookies." Then my uncle told me about SNAFU meaning "Situation normal all fucked up" and finally told me what FUBAR stands for which I have yet again forgotten...damnit! But the f is for fucking, I know that. That is when my grandmother burst out with her lovely little quote there. She didn't mean to be funny, she just had something to say. I love my grandma. She said something else funny, but I can't remember what. Damnit.

And Matt wrote something that pissed off somebody or whatever and now his blog is the new big thing, and therefore my readership has increased, at least for today. I feed off my boyfriend's infamy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here