Wednesday, January 01, 2003

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring...

Eh, you know the rest of the song.

I really think we should have the next two days off. What's the point of us going back for two days and then having the weekend? Oh well, I guess it's better than having to go back for a full week. I'm completely not ready for this vacation to be over, it was so much fun.

Happy New Year! Last night I had dinner with Matt and his family and another family that they're friends with. That was fun (despite the fact that I was kinda nervous beforehand, but it turned out fine). We showed Matt's friend (also named John, but not the same Jon as from New York) Eddie Izzard. He didn't think it was very funny, but he also bumped his head on the ceiling going down to the basement, so I'm going to blame it on possible brain addlement. Yes, that's a word. Shut up.

I managed to drop my camera down some steps while at Matt's. I am Robin, superclutz extrodinaire.

At midnight we watched the ball drop on TV. I decided that New Year's Eve is a weird holiday since it's really just a bunch of people getting together in large groups and counting. And then everyone gets drunk. Hmm....

After that we decided to walk towards Flood's Hill and see the end of the fireworks on the way. When we got to Flood's Hill the adults turned back and it was just me, Matt, and John. We heard some voices towards the other end of the field and assumed they were drunk kids and for some reason we decided to walk towards them. At that point we heard someone screaming a name that I thought was Lyle and Matt thought was Miles so we walked closer. Then we heard a voice that sounded like Mike. Then we heard another voice that was very obviously Philippe so we started screaming to them and walked over. Turns out the "Drunk kids" were Mike, Miles, Philippe, Mari, Liza, David, Linda, and possibly some other people and I just wasn't paying attention. It was dark and I was getting tired. They all ran off to someone's house to watch a movie and we turned back to go to Matt's. Matt's dad gave me a ride home and Matt and I had a competition about whether a street was before or after school. It was pretty funny.

Today was my family's annual New Year's party. It was pretty boring until my friends showed up (finally) and then we were all bored together! Hooray! We played Clue and then tried Silent Football but there kept being interruptions and stupidity, which is the basic point of Silent Football from what I understand, so it was still amusing. Philippe glared at me a lot and I don't know why.

After that we went to Mike's house to sit around some more, only this time Mari, David, Liz, and Linda came along. We started watching Beauty and the Beast, but didn't make it very far before having to leave.

And now I am at home and am very tired and wishing we didn't have school tomorrow. It really is stupid to start school on the 2nd when most people have spent the past two days partying.

It just hit me that it's now 2003. Scary. And I'm going to be 18 in about 3 months. Scarier. And I'm graduating in 6th months. Holy shit. That is pretty fucking scary.

I made it into Liz's quote book! I feel special. That thing is hilarious, I want one.

I still need to go Christmas shopping for people. Eek. I feel bad, I should have gotten people stuff awhile ago. But I will get people things eventually. Really. I actually have money to get people stuff this year. Yay!

I'm getting a headache, so I'll stop writing now since this entry seems really really boring to me. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here