Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Chewey would make a kick-ass drummer...

It was brought to my attention that I haven't updated in awhile, and as I can't sleep I decided to just write about some stuff that's run through my head lately:

I noticed that sometimes I'll worry a specific person won't like me because I'm Jewish. It's often in a situation where I really know nothing about the person except something like their nationality or religion. There is an Egyptian man in my summer class and even though I have no real reason to believe he'd have any ill-will towards a Jewish person, when I found out he was from the Egypt I automatically wondered if he would dislike me because I'm Jewish. This doesn't only happen with people from Egypt or middle eastern countries, sometimes it happens with Catholics or Muslims or just anyone who I have even the slightest reason to think they wouldn't like Jews. I wonder if this is some kind of crazy reverse racism? Should I worry about someone not liking me because of my heritage simply based on their heritage? The world is crazy and I think I've been infected.

In other news, my mother just woke up and asked me an obnoxious question about something I didn't want to think about. Mm, that's what I get for living at home.

I'm doing laundry at 6 AM. I realized lately that I don't pay much attention to what I wear and just kinda throw things on when I go out. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I've also noticed that most of my wardrobe has become very plain boring things that I bought because they easily go with anything or for a previous job. Now I fear throwing them out 'cause...they're things I can wear when I'm feeling lazy, which is all the time, because I can be. Vicious cycle!!!

I've gone to Rutgers twice in the past like..three days. I think part of the reason I hated going down to Rutgers so much before was 'cause it was usually only for parties, and I'm not really a party person. They're alright, but I don't usually leave feeling like, "Yay, I had a great time!" but more like "I'm glad I got out of the house for awhile". Probably because I usually only know one or two people at those parties and there's lots of drinking, which I don't mind, but people then think I'm really weird because I'm not really interested in getting wasted. If I'm just hanging out with a few people, watching TV or going out to eat, I have a lot more fun, which makes me want to go more often. The drive is still a pain in the ass, though. It's just far away enough to be annoying.

That last paragraph had an insane amount of pointless commas but there's no way I'm going to try and fix it.

My Spanish teacher said that Math and Grammar are very similar, and I really don't get it. Math is math. It's right or it's wrong. Grammar has like a million different exceptions and often changes with the time. Plus, if you use the wrong form of "your" you probably won't end up exploding something. That sometimes happens with math. I swear.

I can't find my nail clipper which is so not good. I think I could probably use my big toenail as a weapon currently. Mm. Ladylike.

I think I'm almost at the point where I really need a haircut. Sigh. Spending money on something I usually end up hating for the first three weeks I have it. Oh well.

Extra random: Very often when I'm listening to a new song in the car, I'll think about whether or not I'd want to put it in a movie if I was a director and what kind of scene I'd want to match it with.

Now that I've written some of this crap down, maybe I'll be able to sleep. Like in Harry Potter when Dumbldore has too many thoughts so he just takes some out of his head and saves them for later...

....Right. Harry Potter references = time to try sleeping again. Good Night (morning).

(edited 'cause I mistakenly said Egypt was the in the middle east, but it's in Africa...good thing I'm not in geography)

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

At least it wasn't the usual common ground of West and East (hating Jews)

Wed Jul 19, 11:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Glad to see you decided to write something again.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about being disliked becouse of your religion by anyone. You are who you are and if certain critters don't like it... too bad for them. It is their loss. They will never get to know you as a person. You are an individual, not a whole group. Do you know what I mean? So, "take a chill" and not to worry about it.

I'll give you two examples even. I'm an Irish Protistant BUT, I'm all for an independant Ireland and support the PIRA. It totally freaks Irish Catholics right out when I tell 'em!

Then, I don't vote for people becouse they happen to be in the same political party I'm in. I vote for whomever I think would do the best job.

I am... ME! I am not this or that or the other thing. Just plain old me. {Yep. Old compaired to you young wipper snapper. 51 and married with two grown children who, went thru the same stuff you're going thru and had the same questions you do.} So, you just worry about you, not what people think or how they feel.

And just to let you know, I'm not some wierd perv type dude eather. I'm just chating and that's that.

Anywho, I'm glad you look at partying the way you do, as in, just a way to get out and not see how many bongs you can guzzle down in how many minutes. You're smart kiddo so, don't kill off too many of those brain cells.

You wrote your mom asked, I guess, a rather personal question and it upset you. You're not alone in this. My mother would ask me all kinds of questions which, I didn't think were none of her business and man, it used to p*** me off! I couldn't wait to move out eather. I did the same thing to my daughter and I KNOW it p***ed her off too.

One week before I got married and moved out, she died. I wish now she were still around to ask questions that would be none of her business. (She would too.) I hope you know that your mom is only concerned for your well being so, don't get POed to bad at her. Look at yourself from her point of view. I know you can do this becouse you strike me as a very bright person. I wouldn't be writing and making comments to just any ying yang.

Also you say your hair looks bad after you get it cut for a while. Hey! At least you HAVE hair to get cut kid! Count your blessings.

Be good and be careful,
Rick

Sat Jul 22, 12:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here