Saturday, September 24, 2005

Why people suck...

My English teacher bitched out at me in front of a bunch of people just for asking "Do you have any idea when you think we'll be getting our papers back?" She went on a rant about how that's the most annoying thing you could ever ask a teacher, and it was okay to ask this time 'cause I didn't know, but never ask it again, and how she has like 1200 pages to read and grade. Wtf lady, that's your job, don't bitch about it to me. If you don't want to read all those papers, you shouldn't have assigned them. I have four classes all of whom have reading and homework and papers to do every week, and I don't get paid to do any of that work like you do. You've had my paper for two weeks and just assigned the next paper and I'd like to be able to see my first paper to know what I need to improve on. And there was no reason to bitch out on me in front of the entire frickin' class. P.S. Don't tell me what's the most annoying thing to ask a teacher, my mother's a teacher, I know all about annoying shit that teachers deal with and that's a pretty lame one. And she would never bitch a student out simply for asking a question, whether she thought it was annoying or not.

The class before that she started on a thing about how we should get each other's names and addresses 'cause she doesn't want emails about "I wasn't there, what'd I miss?". She didn't point me out specifically, but I had been absent at the previous class and had emailed her to say "I missed class because I was sick, I'm sorry, is there anything I should do to prepare for the next class?". I emailed her 'cause we'd only had about three classes and I didn't know anyone else to ask. I wasn't actually asking what I missed, just letting her know why I wasn't there and if I should do anything for the next class. I emailed her 'cause she had just been bragging about being online all the time 'cause she's a "webmaster" and that's the best way to get in touch with her blah blah blah. She didn't even answer my email. Then when she asked us to take out the assignment and a few other girls and myself said "We don't have it, we weren't here" she just went "Well, you should have come to class." The whole reason I sent her the damn email was so I would know what was going on and not have her act like I was a slacker!!! Grr.

So anyway, I spent most of the class being pissed off and writing mean things about her in my notebook.

So there.

4 Comments:

Blogger Preya said...

Your English teacher sounds really horrible! I can't believe she would treat you that way. I agree, she shouldn't assign papers if she's going to bitch about grading them. Let's hope the new generation of English teachers can do a better job (I am an college, getting my teaching certification in English).

Sat Sep 24, 02:33:00 AM  
Blogger David said...

Sounds like your teacher is in the wrong profession... or just unprofessional

Sat Sep 24, 06:50:00 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

some people, man.. i tell ya.

Mon Sep 26, 09:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might consider talking with the department head if things get worse. Your point regarding wanting to get the first paper back to see where you need to make improvements before having to work on the next one makes sense and can't be chalked up to subjectivity or miscommunication.

Sat Oct 08, 10:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here