Monday, January 03, 2005

"Good morning, Appalachia, I got a mighty cute sister and an extra set of toes."

So today (or yesterday, technically), I met this cousin I didn't know I had until last summer and his wife. He's like my third cousin something removed or I don't know what (he's also old enough to be my grandfather, heh), and he seems like a really cool guy. See, awhile back I posted on some ancestry site about looking for people in my grandmother's family (she has a really rare maiden name and pretty much anyone with that last name is related to us, probably) and one day this summer I got an answer from this woman and now we have a ton of new cousins we never knew about. My grandmother went to meet a bunch of them, and this guy is from Connecticut so he and his wife came to my grandmother's for brunch today.

He brought this family tree he'd been working on with him...it's HUGE. It went across like three or four pages taped together. And I found out that there was some gross intermarriaging going on in my family...lovely...nobody I'm directly descended from that I know of, so that's good. I'd hate to have three eyed babies just 'cause my great great grandfather thought his cousin was mighty purdy....I shouldn't make fun of my relatives...I'm totally going to hell.

But anyway. Yeah, I know all this stuff about my family now! And that's only like one quarter of my family....crazy. My cousin also had a whole bunch of stories about people in our family. And I think show business runs in that family or something 'cause there were all these people who were like pianists or actresses or singers or radio announcers. Pretty cool. And I can trace part of my family back all the way to the beginning of the 19th century now, maybe farther! Yeah, I'm way too excited about it, hehe. And my cousin and his wife are way cool and I hope I get to see them again.

And now I should definitely try to go to bed. Hope you're all having a good new year so far. :-D

Adios for now muchachos.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Gomez said...

How'd you know I was MEXICAN!?!?!!????

No one is supposed to know about that.
Oh, God, identity change, here I go again.

Tue Jan 04, 09:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here