Friday, December 31, 2004

Do something nice...

Hello lovelies,

CNN has a list of groups accepting donations for Tsunami Relief. Here's a link:


CNN.com's list of organizations accepting donations for Tsunami Relief


This week alone I have spent thirty dollars on music, 25 bucks off a gift card on some new shirts, about another 35 (25 of which I borrowed from my mom and still have to pay back) to use on food from various eating establishments (maybe more, I've kind of lost track of how often I go to resturants/diners/take out places and how often I actually have to pay when I go), a considerable bit of change on late holiday gifts for friends and family (no way am I actually saying how much I spent, even giving a hint of how much someone's gift cost is not very kosher in most cases, even if it's a lump sum of how much I spent on everyone all together), yet another 25 dollars or so which I have to remember to pay back to my Dad for getting me the Garden State DVD (though I could probably get away not doing that, but I hate mooching off my parents for that kinda stuff), plus some various other random things I probably forgot that I spent money on.

If a person can spend that much money on crap she doesn't really need in one week and still bitch and moan needlessly about being broke, the least she can do is give a few bucks to some people who really are in need. So now I ask that if you can, everyone who visits this page today visit that link (I chose CNN 'cause I trust them to not have any sketchy evil money grubbing orgs. on there), choose a group and give a buck or two. Even just a dollar. Every dollar counts, right? Or find your own way of donating. Even to something not for Tsunami Relief. Do you know that so many people all over the world are donating things to help with the tsunami relief that it's getting backed up at the airports? And it's probably still not enough, but the fact that so many people all over the world are trying to help makes me feel three hundred times better about the world and all the people in it. So yeah, basically all I'm saying is go help somebody out. I think my New Years Resolution (besides the same old "do well in school be a better person" self help type crap I usually do) is going to be to give a few dollars to a charity every month. I may not be rich, but I'm a hell of a lot better off than a lot of people out there in the world. So...that's that. Go help someone. Rant done. Happy New Year, loves. Have a good (SAFE) night and a wonderful new year. Make the world a better place. And please, if you're going to drink too much, do not vomit on my shoes and remember to sleep on your side.

All my love,
Robin

P.S. Spread the love. If you've got a blog and you haven't already, post a link to somewhere that'll help with disaster relief or some other kind of relief. Tell someone else to donate or volunteer or help out. Doesn't really work unless we all start yelling at people to be nice to each other, now does it?

Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Gomez said...

there's a reason why i love robin.

Sun Jan 02, 01:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here