Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Faith

...and when they came for me, there was no one left to speak...

I hate this world today. I hate this country. I don't want to live in a country where someone else can decide what I can do with my own body. Or who I'm allowed to love or marry. Or when I have to pay money for someone else to send their kids to schools where they can be taught how my ancestors and I are murderers, devils, and bound for hell. And I know it's not supposed to work like that anymore, but you can't tell me that it doesn't ever happen.

I don't want to live in a country where someone else's faith rules over me. I'd rather live in America. Y'know. Where the church and the state are kept as far from each other as humanly possible. Where my body, my soul, and any other part of me is mine and mine alone to do with what I wish. I have faith. I have a lot of faith. But it's my faith. Not yours. And I don't mind that at all. I want you to have your own faith. Even if you don't have any faith at all. I don't mind. It's not my place to tell you what to do. And when did that become a bad thing? When did that make a person untrustworthy?

On another note, I got yet another call today telling me that my mother and I need to take better care of my grandmother and do we know she wanders around at night and can't we get someone to take care of her and why don't we do something. Because it's easy for people to call and complain about how she's bothering them and tell us how to deal with it rather than trying to help us out.

I'm sick of people telling me what to do today. And I'm sick of people being mean. And I'm sick. Of this. Completely.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Do you truly expect that whatever you do no one will question it, that every person has his and her own everything? People trying to own everything, as if it doesn't affect anyone else, might destroy our entire species. If you blame civil society for Bush getting reelected, I agree with you there, but even if society disappears as a construction (I don't necessarily think it shouldn't) people will still have to navigate around each other as animals in an environment. Freedom is an idea and I would say a highly illusory and often destructive one at that.

Wed Nov 03, 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here