Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I do believe it's about time to bitch about my job a bit. Now, I know I ALWAYS bitch about my job, no matter what it is. And this one really isn't that bad. Especially compared to my last one. I mean, that job was the biggest ass this side of Texas. No, this job really isn't that bad. It keeps me rather busy and I don't have to do dumb things like fill paint bottles or clean up after pukey little children.

Here's the thing. My job, it's FULL of old ladies. And really, I don't have that big a problem with old ladies. There's one or two of these old chicks who's pretty cool. But there are some who are just...gah!

Okay, there's this one woman. She's not actually an old lady. I don't really know how to describe her, other than she has really bad hair like the chick from Captain and Tenille. Which I really only know what it looks like from watching I love the 70's. But whatever. This woman is either incredibly stupid or incredibly lazy. Or maybe both. So, my job is to do lots of stuff with the files in this place. Like put them in order after the doctors are done with them, set them up for incoming patients, pull out the ones the doctors ask for, that kinda stuff, and it actually keeps me extrodinarily busy. I can usually keep up pretty well but only just barely. I mean, there's eight doctors with a ton of patients to keep up with, so it gets pretty hectic. But this woman keeps giving me random charts to find simply because she's too lazy to go look for them herself. She also acts like I'm not doing my job if I haven't found every single chart that will be needed for the day yet. I'm sorry lady, I have a lot of shit to do all at once, it's not really important to me that I find a chart for someone coming in at 6 PM when it's only 11 AM. That's not all she does, she's also just really dumb. I had this whole pile of charts for tomorrow that I was going to get set up, but I had to go off and do some random search for something or other and when I came back they were gone. This lady stole them. Okay, whatever, if she wants to do them that's her problem. But then she starts harassing me to find this lady's chart. I look in the stacks, I look in the lab, I look on the doctor's desk, I look on the reciptionist's desk and it's nowhere to be found. Finally I go to my boss and ask her where the hell this file could be and she rolls her eyes, makes a face, and tells me to check the charts for the next day which that chick stole. I look and what's the FIRST file on the stack?! The one she sent me running all over for!! And NONE of the charts for the next day are done, which I mention, and she simply looks at me half embarassed and half pissed and goes "I'M going to do them." Bah. I could have had those charts done in like, twenty minutes hours before then and wouldn't have been a stupid biznatch who couldn't think to look on your own desk for a file. Yeah, probably NOBODY cares, but trust me, she's a bi-otch. She didn't even say thank you. Booo.

Also, all the big shelves where the files are stored are on tracks so you can save space by rolling one to the side to get to another book case. It's kinda cool, except when some of these ladies are obnoxious and I think possibly bitter that I'm skinny since they make mention of that way too often to be normal and they try to get to a file on a book case on the other side of where I am and they roll the case towards me without warning me and nearly squish me to death. Brar.

K, done bitching for now. I'm tired. And wearing ugly white pants. And really need a nap. And a shower. But instead I have to pick up my dad from the train in ten minutes despite the fact that I should make him walk since he made me late this morning. Or most mornings. Yeah, he definitely needs a talking to.

Mm, sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here