Thursday, March 04, 2004

I kinda miss those long rambling entries I could make in high school 'cause there was just so much random stuff going on. Now it's just like:

I overslept today. And then I had work and I had to wash stuff.

And that's just no fun.

So anyway, I did go to work today. Yesterday. Whatever you may want to call it. Some woman came in with two kids and a Swedish Au Pair. Which I just found ridiculous. Not the Swedish part. The Au Pair part. Because for some reason half the time I hear about people having an Au Pair I think it's possible they're just really lazy. 'Cause I can understand having a nanny or a babysitter or something when you're not around or at work or something, but I find it kinda weird when you need to hire someone to help watch your kids when you're there yourself. Maybe if you had a lot of kids, or if you had kids with special needs, or had special needs yourself. I dunno. I shouldn't judge, 'cause I don't know why she had an Au Pair. I feel all mean saying bad stuff about her...but yet I do so anyway. Ain't I a bitch? Okay, I didn't really say anything that bad, just that I thought it was kinda weird. She did say something about the woman being new. Maybe she was just having her there so she could make sure she wasn't going to make the kids cry and stuff when she wasn't around. I had some woman do that when I babysat her kids, once. Of course, this is the same woman who forgot to tell me her daughter was still potty-training and not exactly at a very far stage in the process. But that's besides the point. Anyway...

So this woman comes in and I think she put her kids hand prints on something or other. Lots of people do that. You paint the kids hand, have them put the handprint on something, and then you wash their hands IMMEDEATLY because otherwise disaster is surely emminent. I don't know if I spelled that right. But whatever.

So yeah, instead of getting her kids to wash their hands for some reason she let her son paint his entire arm green. And then thought it was really funny or something. Um...what?!

There was green EVERYWHERE. There was green on the chair he was sitting on, on the floor, on the chair he stood on to get to the sink to finally wash his hands, on the sink, ON THE SOAP! There was green paint all over the soap. I had to WASH the soap! You're not supposed to have to WASH soap! It's self-cleaning! It's just insane!

The kids also thought that the store was called "Paintin' the Tables" or something, 'cause there was not only paint all over every inch of the little ceramic pallettes they get to put paint on, but about two square inches of paint around each pallette. Bah! Crazy people. I mean, you expect some amount of messiness when mixing paint with kids, but...I HAD TO WASH THE SOAP! JEEZ!

So then these people were leaving and I was in the back washing some stuff and I hear the little boy looking at things and asking his mom and my boss what they are:

Boy: What's that?
My boss: That's a cow.
Boy: And what's that?
My boss:...Um....that's where the milk comes from on the cow...
Boy's Mom: Yeah..he points that out and asks about it everytime he sees it in his picture books.

Oh. Lord. I just thought horrible horrible thoughts just now about what an utter actually looks like and how they boy might think he can get milk....don't ask...it's just..disgusting...what's WRONG with me?!

Also, my boss keeps her dogs at work. Which is all cool 'cause..dogs..cute. Except one of them is little and likes to attack me when I walk in. And this afternoon she was trying to eat my shoes or something and to stop her my boss started going in her face and snuggling her and giving her kisses. Which is cute, but what if that's why the dog keeps attacking me?! Because every time she attacks me she gets snuggles and kisses! Eep...maybe I should just get her some doggy treats or something....

Mari, I called you on Tuesday, except you're silly and don't leave your cell phone on! Cut that out! There's a rather amusing voicemail on there for you, if you haven't checked it yet.

My dad wrote a purim schpeil (sp? psha, whatever) for his office. Schpeil is like a skit. They have them at temples and stuff usually and it's acting out the story of Esther and it's usually really ridiculously silly and there's lots of people dressed up and screaming and stuff. It can be highly amusing. My dad wrote one for his office because his company is some Jewish thingy or other. I don't really understand it. But whatever.

So he wrote a Purim Schpeil. And for some reason, there are cowboy hats involved....um.....

So anyway....

College people, come home already. I'm bored. I went to see my friend Alicia last weekend and that was great and I love her and missed her like crazy, but she would talk a lot about doing stuff with her friends around there and it just made me miss everyone. Including people who are still here who I don't get to see like...ever. Rar. Probably my own fault. I probably don't put enough effort forward. I'm sorry. Bad me.

But people, lets all do something fun, pleeeaasssee? I'm in desperate need of giant friend orgy..in the non-orgy sense...but more in the sense of getting together and having so much fun that for some reason half of us end up on top of each other (which has happened quite often, if you recall) as if in an orgy, but not ACTUALLY....or....yeah...

We can play Wolverine!!!

K, leaving now, gotta thing to do, gotta stop procrastinating...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here