Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Well, my friends, I have returned. I'm done with OU, and all I can say is good riddance. If I spelled that right. Whatever.

I will miss some people, like Suzy and Ashley and Emily. You probably have never heard of these people. But they're nice and cool.

Some people, however...well, when I was leaving...okay, I wouldn't say they were rude exactly, just...impolite. I was leaving and a few people I knew where sitting in the common room. Two of which I knew pretty well....one of which was my roommate....so I said to them, "Okay guys, I'm going. Bye!" and waiting a second for them to respond.

These people didn't even get up from their chairs. There was no hugs. No "good luck". I got "Okay, bye."

So I tried again, "Stay in touch, you know? Lemme know how the parties are and....(about this time they were still just looking at me blankly)..yeah...bye...". They were still all sitting down. And looking at me awkwardly. So I walked out of the room. And on my way out the door heard one of the girls start to speak, "Yeah, so anyway..."

And I couldn't help but think, "Thanks for the reminder of why I'm leaving".

And I am VERY happy to be home.

PS I learned how to drive on the highway. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here