Saturday, November 22, 2003

Yeah, so I was on my way back from Ohio and I got dropped off at the airport. I took most of my clothes home because..well..those are the clothes I wear year round so I didn't have anything else at home to wear. Plus some stuff I never wear and am taking back home to save space at my dorm. But anyway, I have like three huge bags of stuff, plus a small purse and a big purse.

But the bitchy check in lady gave me an attitude and was like "No, you can't check three bags, if you want to check the third one you have to pay $80."
Um..no. So I go, and trust me, I did get an attitude with this chick...seriously, I bet she was from Jersey, bad dye job and popping gum, I swear..."Well what am I supposed to do then? I don't have $80!"
So I check the two biggest bags (she harrased me about that, too, saying the might be too heavy and then I'd have to pay a fee...ha, she was wrong...stupid ho) and am ready to go off with my duffel bag (huge ass thing that's a pain in the ass to carry), my big purse, my small purse, and my laptop. But the bitch starts at me again!
"You can't have that many carry-ons, they won't let you through security."
WTF lady?! You just said I couldn check them, what am I supposed to do with them now?! Hide them in my bra?!
So I ended up having to shove my purses into my already filled to capacity duffel bag. Luckily things were squishy.

Finally get bitchy bag check lady out of the way and I go through the metal detector. But first I had to take off my shoes, take my laptop out of the case, and put it all through the metal detector. Plus my bottle of water. 'Cause I can hide a bomb in a clear plastic container. But whatever, I'd rather they do that than people get blowed up.
So I get to the other side of the thing and I'm putting my shoes on and realize my bag's not showing up quite as fast as I wanted it to. And the guys at the monitor are staring curiously at the screen. Had they found my secret stash?! Just kidding, I have no secret stash. And that's what you'll tell people. Understood?

So anyway, a minute later this big security dude with gloves on comes over with my bag asking whose it is. I tell him it's mine and he tells me he has to go through it. Argh. I mean, really, I'm glad they do that kinda thing...and I wasn't too frustrated at all. Actually, it was kind of amusing. So the guy is looking through my bag with his little dishwashing gloves or whatever and spilling out random court order type things he has to say to me like "Please don't touch the contents of your bag until I'm done searching," and silly shit like that.

Well, it turns out it wasn't a bomb. It was because crazy bag check lady had made me put my goddamn purse in the stupid bag it was so tightly packed they couldn't see through it. The guy told me he'd just seperate stuff out to make it easier. Stuff being my purses that I didn't want to put in there in the first place. Fuckin' A! Stupid freakin' bag check ho bag! Go get your roots done and leave me alone!

I finally got on the plane and it was really empty. I had a whole row of seats to myself. That was pretty awesome. I tried reading "Sky Mall" magazine which I read every time I'm on a plane because I like to look at the crazy, elaborate, completely unnecessary bullshit they make and try and sell on airplanes. Some of that stuff looks pretty cool, though. So yes, I'm looking through that, but the words are all blurry. That's weird and annoying. The same thing happened with my book before.
Later in the flight I wanted to know what time it was to see how close we were to Jersey and took out my laptop. I tried to look at the time on there but it just looked like a little blur in the corner. Ack! I'm losing my mind! And my vision!

But in reality, my mom and I figured out what was going on. When I went to the health center, they gave me these pills that are like for seasickness and stuff. They worked great, and I was a little nervous about what the plane would do to me since I was so recently sick so I took one before we took off. But it turns out that probably in the medicine is some kind of muscle relaxant..hence my eyes not working. Like when the doctor puts drops in your eyes to relax them so he can see inside your eyeball.

It was highly annoying, but at least there was an explanaition. Although, I think if I did need glasses, I would go for the sexy librarian type of look. Or nerdy chic. Whichever.

Yay, I'm home!

Oh yeah, and on the way down the not-moving escalator at Newark I tripped and nearly fell down the whole damn thing. I just ended up scraping my knee, but it was highly embarassing. And because I was weighed down by so much heavy crap that they wouldn't let me check I had to be like "Um..can someone help me up?" while trying not to completely fall down the rest of the escalator. So humiliating.

Aw, the sky looks so pretty now. I think it's time to go search for the cat. Or harass my parents into waking up. Because I'm 4. Yeah. Don't make fun of me. I swear it's the only child thing. Shhh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here