Wednesday, May 28, 2003

I have decided to reveal some deep dark secrets from my past:

When I was little I was ultrauberblonde, and when my hair started to get darker I was convinced that if I washed it enough with the right kind of shampoo, it'd turn blonde again. Because of this I switched shampoos about twelve times within three years.

In elementary school I had a crush on Jack Reilly. I told my friend who then told her friends who then told him. He called me out on it during Silent Sustained Reading so the entire class found out and made fun of me. I had to hide in the coat room. I swore that I'd never tell anyone ever again who I liked. Except I broke that this year, but it was already totally obvious. And ended well. :-) And I have no harsh feelings towards Jack at all, just so you know, he's a cool guy....

I was a perveted little kid. There was a time where I was obsessed with talking about a certain part of the male anatomy...but only because I thought the word was "peanut" and it was funny. So I would go around pointing at people going "He has a peanut!". Many were confused by this. My mother was terrified.

When I was little and lived in NY, I had a crush on eeevery boy. There was my first "boyfriend" from camp when I was about 5 or 6 who said he'd first marry this other girl in our group and then divorce her and marry me, to be fair. I thought I was getting the better end of the deal.

When I was younger my clothes would always clash horribly. I would wear striped pants and polka-dotted shirts and think it was beautiful. I also wore shiny stretch pants and would wear things with huge holes in them or that I had outgrown a long time ago because I really liked them.

I started crying after seeing The Little Mermaid. My parents thought it was because Ursula scared me. But actually it was because Ariel left her dad and that made me sad.

I had a nightlight for way longer than I should have, only because I had gotten so used to having a light on in the room when I went to sleep I never bothered trying to sleep without it.

I used to think the word "Mine" was "Mines" and it would really piss off my parent when I said it.

I was afraid to talk to boys until tenth grade.

In middle school I would wear sweatshirts everyday 'cause I was afraid of people seeing my body for some reason. I also refused to smile without closed lips for any picture because I had braces and thought they looked stupid.

I used to want a twin sister. So I made up an imaginary one named Emily Robin because it was the opposite of my name.

In our old apartment if you left my bedroom door open you had a view of the TV in the living room, so I used to watch whatever my parents were watching when I was supposed to be going to sleep. I thought I was being really sneaky, but one night I laughed really loudly at something on Murphy Brown and my mom yelled to me, "You think that's funny, huh?" and laughed. My parents knew I watched the whole time.

I used to think that the laugh track on sit coms was actually other people in other houses laughing at the show and the sound was going through the TV. I told my friend to watch The Cosby Show one night and I'd try and talk to her through the TV.

I used to think that every time you put a tape into a tape player the people who had recorded it would go to the recording studio and sing and the songs were always live and would go from the recording studio directly to my tape player.

I can't think of anything more right now...but now you know lots of dirt on me....no blackmailing...'cause that'd just be stupid....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here