Monday, March 17, 2003

So who was number 2000? Does anyone actually care?

I worked at the Purim carnival with Matt, Diane, and Eliana. That was kind of fun and kind of made me want to go screaming for my life. I helped with shave the balloon (which was so pointless as they made us keep the plastic covers on the razors so there was no chance someone could pop the balloon) and the moonwalk (which had some of the most obnoxious kids and parents). For the last hour or so Matt and I were assigned to these three games that were all in a row that we just completely ignored as no one actually wanted to play them. Instead we ate hot dogs and chips and played with the balloons that Diane had for making balloon animals. She made me a snail! Aw! Except I left it there by accident. Oh well. My cat would have tried to eat it anyway. I made my own snail which ended up looking extremely retarded. It's eyes were competely uneven. Then I made a sword which I then tried to disassemble and turn into a dog. That didn't end well. Loud noises and all I was left with was this tiny little shrively plastic thing. Oh well. I tried making a dog again, and it sorta worked. It was kind of like half dog half giraffe. It was kind of cool. I gave it to Diane, hehe.

When the carnival started to wind down, Matt and I left. It was so nice out and we were driving around with the windows open listening to Bobby McFerrin and Yo Yo Ma. That was great. We went back to my house after a brief search for Matt's cell phone and watched "Drop Dead Gorgeous".

REALLY funny movie. That lady from Cheers didn't even annoy me as much as she usually does. Although there was random mass barfing which I closed my eyes for. Blech. It had the lady from West Wing in it. She's so hilarious. And so was Amber's mom. Just very very funny. "Jesus Christ on a cross!"

Then it was off to dinner at Papa Razzi with my aunt and grandmother and parents. That was nice although I really don't remember anything that we talked about. Apparently before we got there my aunt had told the waitress that it was my birthday (it wasn't, we were just celebrating my birthday now since my aunt won't be in town for my real birthday) and a bunch of waiters and waitresses came up with this weird thing that was supposed to be a cake singing happy birthday. Seriously, this thing was not a cake. It was a thing on a plate. There was all this decorative stuff and no actual food substance. It was this white and black design thing all over the plate (you know, that stuff they make look like a spiderweb or something) and some crunchy stuff around the edge and this slab of chocolate SOMETHING over to the side of the plate with a candle stuck in it. It was so strange. But it tasted okay, so that was good.

Oh right, something from dinner last night:

We were having this fruit cake thing that had all this clear glossy frosting on it like a jelly or something to make it shiny.

Robin: Ugh, clear frosting. That stuff creeps me out, it looks like mushed up jelly fish.
My Aunt: The clear frosting looks kind of like... well, nevermind.
::Matt starts laughing hysterically::

My aunt made a dirty joke. She's so cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here