Sunday, March 23, 2003

Here is what I got for my birthday:

From Mari: A tee shirt that says Yoshi Schwartz's Sushi and Bagel Deli. Very cool. I <3 it.
From Miles: A very cool looking bracelet and a little frilly embroidered door hanging thingy that says "GO AWAY" on it...ahahahah, I love it.
From Christina and Dan: A lava lamp...whee! Groovy.

So this is the stuff I've gotten from people who actually know me and what kinda stuff I like. Here is what I got from my family who are supposed to know me better than anyone:

Grandma Bunny (yeah, her name's Bunny, it's a thing, ask me if you really care): Two shirts, one of which is kinda hippiesh and I like it and one looks like it belongs to a dominatrix. Interesting. They're both black. I don't really wear black too much, I like brighter colors better or stuff with pictures on them, like cartoon characters or writing.
From my aunt: Pretty shirt. Kinda plain looking. Has some beads. Nice color. Will probably look like a pillow case on me as she usually gets me things a size or two too big.
From my uncle: Two books ordered off Amazon about theater and musicals.
From Grandma Frances: A wallet that's bigger than my purse. Nice wallet though. My mom said she'll pay me for it 'cause she likes it and it'll actually fit in her purse. I'm undecided on that.

Right, so I sound like a brat. I'm sorry. But seriously, this is the same thing they've been getting me for years. My aunt has been getting me shirts/sweaters for every birthday/holiday/event since I was 15. I've really like maybe one or two, the rest are stuff she really likes but wouldn't fit into. My Grandma has the same MO except usually I find the stuff she gave me really ugly and hide it away in a drawer. My uncle actually tries to pick out stuff that I'll like or show some interest in. Either that or he gets me a gift card to someplace and I can get whatever I want. My grandma who gave me the wallet is just kinda loosing it, so she goes to Sealfon's and gets me the most random stuff or lets my mom get me something and signs her name to it. Once she got me a sweater vest and matching pleated skirt. It looked like I was going golfing.

They try. I think. I used to think. But now I kinda think they maybe remember it's my birthday the day before we're getting together, run out and get something that they know has worked in the past and give it to me. Which is slightly aggrivating 'cause it's nice when people put thought into things. I try to do that with their presents.

I'm such a brat.

Oh, plus my cousin's birthday is the day after mine and he always gets really cool toys. He got two Zelda games for Game Cube and a toy light saber with all this extra stuff and a gift card to Toys R Us. That doesn't help much. I'm so jealous.

I think I have middle child syndrome and I'm not even a middle child.

And I'm a brat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here