Sunday, September 15, 2002

Went to temple. Prayed a little. Spent a fair amount of time staring at the light fixtures. They have some really pretty chandelier things there. Listened to my mom try to sing along with some of the songs and then tried to tell myself that I should not be embarassed by this and that my mother can sing as much as she wants, even if she doesn't know the tune at all and frequently switches octaves.

And so the fasting begins.

Except there's a cookie sitting next to the computer and it keeps distracting me. Uh oh.

I've also noticed that when you get home from temple the night before Yom Kippur you're automatically hungry. Any other day or holiday I'd probably go hours without being hungry at all, but as soon as the Rabbi tells everyone to have a good night and he'll see us tomorrow I'm STARVING.

Power of suggestion or something along those lines.

Oh yes, and I think a car hit us on the way out of the temple parking lot. I felt and heard a little bump and looked behind us and I think the car behind us had knocked into our bumper. See what I mean about Jersey drivers? It's insane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here