Sunday, April 17, 2005

Lalala, shove it up your ass, bitch...

TypicalBrunette (9:52:21 PM): ugh people are evil
F0oL f0r YoU (9:52:36 PM): what happened?
TypicalBrunette (9:53:27 PM): i was at work and i was ringing this woman up. she was putting her money out and talking to clay who was on the other side of the room putting movies away and the phone started ringing. since i was the only one at the registers and she was talking to clay anyway, i picked up the phone, answered the questions, and hung up and went back to the lady.
F0oL f0r YoU (9:53:48 PM): uh huh
TypicalBrunette (9:54:49 PM): so i'm giving her her change and she goes "don't you think you should finish my transaction before you answer the phone? i mean, shouldn't someone who gets in the car and drives here have more priority than someone who calls. don't you?" and like expects an answer for me and i was like "uh....your movies due tuesday" and she's like "well don't you?" and i was like "uh..sure...here's your change" and she leaves, but not before yelling "bye clay!"
F0oL f0r YoU (9:55:50 PM): blech some people are just not nice people
TypicalBrunette (9:56:11 PM): i didn't answer the phone just to annoy her, that's my job! i was the only one up there, she was having a conversation, and i have to wait on everyone, even the people who call first to make sure we have a movie.
TypicalBrunette (9:56:20 PM): so yeah, i hate people.

So yeah, seriously people. WTF? Stop telling me off for really dumbass reasons. It sucks when people are assholes to clerks just 'cause they can be without getting told off right back. And because I'm a girl and young looking I'm an even easier target 'cause no one's afraid I'm gonna beat them up or something. Sigh. Do me a favor and don't tell other people how to do their jobs unless you're their boss. You don't know why they do something a certain way or the reasoning behind it. And don't just take your aggression out on someone because they're there and can't fight back. If not to be a nice person, do it because Karma will come and kick your ass later.

Such as when you leave your stamp card on the counter when you leave and I find it later and rip it to shreds.

Like that.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I think that for the most part customers don't really view clerks as fully enabled human beings (i.e. they probably think on some level that clerks are glued behind the counter). In a situation like yours, I would probably just tell the customer they're right in such a way as to make clear that I'm hiding behind my employee-drone status and giving them what they think they want (deference, which does not equal satisfaction). After all, I'm just killing time till I clock out.

Mon Apr 18, 06:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here