Saturday, October 23, 2004

Adventures in Uncertainty or I didn't wake up planning to be brave...

I think maybe I can get through all these times in my life where I do something I feel is maybe a little courageous and it ends up all silly by thinking about how I'll tell my kids about it someday. Someday maybe I will have a daughter, who is equally as spazzy as her mother, and I can make her feel better and braver about the world by telling her all the spazzy things I've done in my life. And how sometimes I'm the better for them. Or how sometimes I end up hiding from 3rd graders in a coat closet. But either way. I'm a little bit the better for it.

But for now I'm 19 and not anyone's mother (thank the Lord, lets keep it that way for awhile, k?) and that coat closet's lookin' pretty good right about now....

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Heh, maybe I should tell you more of my "you are a scary stalker I hope this is the last I see of you" story. I don't think about telling my kids about my past, I just tell myself "I had to [whatever]." Not that that's precisely so, but some experiences teach facts that seemingly separate the time before and after quite distinctly.

I read that the spot between your fourth and fifth finger-bones in your palm is a pressure point which stimulated helps you go forward when you have to, but aren't exactly eager to. Take care =)

Sat Oct 23, 02:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here