Wednesday, August 18, 2004

How do you say nerd in Spanish?

Here I am, in the beautiful Dominican Republic and I'm on the freakin' computer. Such a nerd. But I have nothing better to do besides go lay by the pool or on the beach, which we did this morning, and I already have the sun burn to prove it. Which is totally lame considering I was wearing SPF 30 at the time. There's lots of stuff to do tonight, including some club thing which, of course, I must get skanked out for, but for now...not so much to do. Yargh.

Anyway. DR is pretty cool so far (Does saying "DR" make anyone else think of "DDR"?). The beach is nice, although way smaller than we were expecting. It makes up for it with the really warm, pretty clean water. The hotel is awesome. They gave us some mango drink pretty much as soon as we walked in.

Everyone speaks Spanish here. Linda and I have settled pretty well into saying stuff like "Hola" and "Gracias", but we're way too wimpy too actually attempt a conversation in Spanish. 'Cause what if we try and say "The beach is beautiful today" and accidently say "Your face looks like a beautiful dog's behind"? That'd suck.

Yeah, I really have nothing very interesting to say at the moment. I feel really dumb being on the computer while I'm here. And I'd totally just get up and leave 'cause I checked my e-mail already, which was my main purpose for coming online, but I payed 3 bucks for half an hour and damn if I'm gonna waste it. I should be doing something more exotic...like watching Boy Meets World in Spanish with Linda.....which is totally hilarious 'cause she knows all the episodes so well that even though it's in Spanish and she doesn't actually understand it that well she remembers the jokes and laughs at them anyway.

Oh man, there's this little British kid here being totally obnoxious and bothering the computer guy (who has the best job here, btw, he gets to sit in the shade and play on the computer all day...he also better at speaking English than most of the people I've met here) and pretty much everyone else. He will. not. shut. up. And when he had to wait for a computer for like two minutes (this was after he'd already been on one for half an hour or so) he kept looking at my screen. Bah!

Okay, I think I shall go. Only 6 minutes left. Let's see if I run out of things to do again later. Adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here