Thursday, December 11, 2003

Oh man, there were THE MOST OBNOXIOUS KIDS on the train on the way to the city. They were sitting behind us and their mother's were sitting across the aisle from the completely ignoring them and chatting like lalala our kids are annoying but we don't care. They were from Millburn. Mmhmm. Make of that what you will. One kid kept kicking the back of our seats and then my mom and I kept debating whether or not to yell at the kid or just go after his mother. I said yelling at the kid would just cause them to start crying and the mom would probably bitch at us for talking to her kids. So then we decided to tell the mom, but my mom decided she was a wimp and that I had to do it. But by that time the kid had stopped kicking and you can't very well go, "Hey, your kid's kicking my chair, make him stop," if the kid isn't actually kicking your chair at that moment. So nothing ended up happening which is slightly disappointing because I have this streak of attitude that enjoys telling random people off. These mom's actually let this one kid sit in the middle of the aisle and start looking at some dirty coupon flyer that they stick in all the newspapers and that people throw on the floor and everyone and their mother steps on. Yick. Bah to mothers who don't sit with their children on the train. Bah, I say! Bah!

Oh yeah, and I dropped my logo-riffic Christmas Carol cup filled with $4 Poland Spring in Penn Station and it broke and the water went everywhere. Smooth move, ex-lax.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that the cup was probably worth about $3 alone. Actually, the cup was probably really only worth about $0.75. But it's the logo that makes it so valuable. Obviously it costs probably about $2.25 per cup to put the little "A Christmas Carol" logo on there. But in all actuality it probably costs more like $0.10 to put the logo on it. And maybe another $0.10 for the (5-9 yr old sweatshop) workers who make the little machine run. How ingenuously evil. I say we revolt. Say no to evil logo-cups! But, alas, there was no cupless option and I was thirsty, so we were stuck paying $4. Rats. Foiled again.

But yes, as I was saying:

I am the very essence of grace.

And you damn well better believe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here