Friday, October 04, 2002

This past week has been kind of rough, so even though I didn't really feel like going to work, I was looking forward to being nice and distracted by selling candy and burning myself on coffee pots and sitting around talking to people. Of course, when I get to work my boss tells me I'm working the coat room. The coat room means sitting in a little room upstairs and waiting for people to give you their coats (obviously). Except maybe two people actually check their coats and you have to sit up there for an hour and a half by yourself with nothing to do unless you have a book or something, which of course I didn't. It was just me, alone with my thoughts which was really quite frustrating since the only reason I was looking forward to work in the first place was to get away from my thoughts.

So I started reading the shelf that we keep the money box and coat room tags in. People who had been in the same position as me had written things and carved things into the wood, actually put in little games to play, like see how many flowers they had drawn or something dumb like that, and it was actually pretty funny. I took the little post it note pad that was up there and started writing some of the things down (what else did I have to do for an hour and a half?). Here are some of the better ones:

"God is good.
Man is not.
Man makes whiskey.
God makes pot."

"Sex is like a game, if you don't have a good partner then you'd better have a good hand."
(And right under this someone had written "SO TRUE".)

"You can't run away from trouble, ain't no place that far."

"Here I sit, lonely hearted.
Oh my God, that old guy farted."

or

"Here I sit, lonely hearted.
Tried to shit but only farted."

"Don't make furs. Legalize marijuana."


Someone had written that people should write on the underside of the counter 'cause no one had written there. I looked under the counter and it had really dumb stuff like "Look, I wrote here." So I wrote "Have you ever wondered why?". Don't know why I wrote that, but I figured someone who looks at the underside of the top of the counter must be a pretty curious person and curious people love really weird stuff like that. Might as well give them something to think about if they've got to do a dumb job like that. Although I expect that if I go back and look at it next month some asshole will have written "WTF?!" right under that...don't blame them.

I also saw that one of the ushers had written about how much they hated concessions people and how we're all jerks and then some of the concessions workers had written back about how the ushers are losers who wish they were as cool as us. So I added "FUCK OFF!" because I've always wanted to write curses on a desk at school and never got to, and this will probably be the only thing even close to cursing on a desk that I'll ever get to do.

So all and all..work was boring. But I got some funny quotes out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here