Sunday, October 06, 2002

I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow. Right now I'd really like to curl up in bed with a really good book and read all night and know I didn't have to do anything tomorrow if I didn't want to. I guess that's how this employment thing works, though. Laziness is not an option.

Looooooong day. Woke up late. Went to my grandfather's birthday party and saw my family and some friends of my grandparents. I get the feeling that my great aunt doesn't like me. She doesn't seem to like my mother, either. I asked my dad about it and he said she's just very reserved and it's nothing personal. It's still annoying, though. A couple of my grandparent's friends walked in and saw me sitting and eating lunch. The woman took one look at me and said "Oh my god!" to which I responded, "Uh oh, did I grow again?" 'cause that's always why people like that say "Oh my god!". It's usually followed with "You're so grown up!". Kind of amusing, actually. She made me stand up and see how tall I was and oohed and ahhed and all that weird grown up stuff that people do to kids they haven't seen in awhile. Then we heard stories about my grandfather and how he met my grandmother (she was 14 when they started going out! And he was 16!!) and other stuff. It was kind of interesting, although I noticed one of my grandparent's friends had fallen asleep in his seat in the middle of it.

Left there and went into the city to see my mom's friend in a musical. It was hilarious. They had a staged read through of "Damn Yankees" performed by people who had always wanted to be in a musical and had never been able to. My explanation was that it was a bunch of middle aged people who never had enough talent to be in a musical before and decided to get a bunch of other people just like them together and put on a show. No, I'm just being mean. Some of them were pretty good. My mom's friend wasn't bad. The guy who played Joe was horrible and I wondered why he was Joe since there seemed to be some pretty good singers playing other parts, but then I found out he had started the whole thing and it all made sense.

Got home around 11, went out with Josh and Emma. Emma made jokes about how short I am. I made jokes about how young Emma is. Josh said he missed college and we both punched him. And I learned how to throw a frisbee different ways, although I still suck. It was fun.

Not a bad day. But now it's 2 in the morning and I'm still not tired and I have to get up at 11 tomorrow to go to stupid work. Damn.

Oh yes, and while we were watching "Damn Yankees", the real Yankees were simultaneously losing the play-offs. How sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here